Chapter Thirteen.

I am madly in love with this chapter. Well not the beginning, but the end!

You'll be surprised ;)

Please read some of amylynn1819's stories and help her in the Watty Awards! Speaking of the Watty Awards, I was considering entering PWP and/or MWP? I don't know it was just a suggestion.

Happy Easter! I know it's tomorrow, but still! :D hope the Easter Bunny gives you lots of candy :D I know he'll give me lots of skittles ! ;D

Vote, fan and comment sooooooo much!

Requirements: 15 votes, 12 comments! If I get them by the end of the day, I'll upload sooner!

Thank you guys sooo much! I love you all soooo much!

~Sara.xox

Enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No. Remember, I wouldn't have an abortion and I definitely will not have someone else raise my baby. His new parents could hurt him for all we know!"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right," Josh agreed.

"Then why'd you say adoption is not too late?"

"Because I'm retarded."

"That you are, my friend."

"Play nicely," Josh instructed.

"Not happening."

"I guess I have to punish you then," Josh faked a gasp. I playfully punched him.

"That's just your excuse to punish me."

"Blondie has gotten smarter."

"Blondie wants to go to university," I told him.

"What about your son?"

"Our son," I corrected. "And I don't know. You and I both want to go to university, and we're both one year behind Haley and Chris."

"I could take care of Chase while you go to university," Josh offered.

"No. It seems like every single one of your ideas today are stupid. Birthday cake getting to your head?"

"I haven't had any birthday cake yet, thank you very much. But, maybe we could get Melissa or someone to take care of him?"

"Melissa is going to have to deal with her pregnancy then. She's hardly stable herself as it is, let alone take care of another person," I explained.

"Your parents?"

"They still won't be back then."

"This is a lot harder than we thought," Josh frowned.

"Well, what university do you want to go to?"

"I've always dreamed of Chris, Haley, you, and I all going to a university together, so I guess New York University."

"That sucks because I want to go to Stanford or Yale."

Josh started laughing as much as he could before he died.

"What's so funny, Michaels?"

"You think you're smart enough to go to Yale?" Josh laughed even more.

"Fine, I won't tell you. Now get out, my house."

"C'mon, you won't kick me out."

"Leave, I'm not kidding!"

Josh stood up and left. I followed him to the front door where he stopped and turned around once he made it outside. He was only two feet away, still in hearing range.

"I love you!" He shouted as I was just about to close the door.

"Yeah, okay." I shut it completely and Chase began crying again. "You're kidding me!"

I took Chase in my arms and tried soothening him. He wouldn't stop crying so I went and called Josh.

"I knew you'd come crawling back," Josh answered.

"Shut up, he seems to like you more. Now get your ass back over here so I can kick you out again," I hung up.

Once again, I took Chase in my arms.

I'm getting a headache from all this crying.

Josh's POV

I hung up the phone, but smiling.

I love how Emilee and I are spending more time together. I miss having her in my arms.

You're probably wondering why I told her it's best if we stayed split you. Well, because I love Emilee, of course. I mean you can't get over someone in like a month. But I said we should stay broken up because our relationship happened, and it was my longest relationship ever, but I have a gut feeling God doesn't want us to be together. I also have an instinct telling me it's better this way. Everything happens for a reason.

Yes, I'll always love her. However, if I still have feelings for her in a few months, maybe years, then I'll consider dating her again.

I sound so stupid but I don't care.

Poor Chase, having split up parents.

I know my parents are divorced, and it's a tough time for an individual, but Chase is way to young to understand any of this.

Oh yeah, Emilee wanted me to come over and help with our son.

I ran from my room and headed towards Emilee's house.

I love how her parents are on a vacation, but I'd love it more if Emilee and I were still dating, because we'd probably make love every night.

Oh, that sounds good.

Maybe me and her could be friends with benefits? Oh! That sounds even better!

And a devious planned popped in my head.

A smirked formed on my lips as I walked over to Emilee's house. I got to the wooden porch, and was about to knock on the door, when it opened and Emilee stood on the other side.

"Wipe that smirk off your face," Emilee rolled her eyes.

"Why have you been so bossy lately?"

"You try living with a child who won't stop crying."

"I do on weekends," I admitted.

"I hate this," Emilee walked away from the door, and I believe into the kitchen. I followed her, and closed the door behind me.

"Where's is Chase? He's not crying now."

"Because I finally got him to sleep. I didn't know it'd be this hard raising a child," Emilee fell to the ground, in a ball and started crying.

My heart broke, and all I wanted was for her to cry in my arms. I bent down near her, picked her up wedding style, and brought her over to the living room, where we sat on the couch and Emilee sat on my lap, crying.

"It's going to be fine," I stroke her hair, trying to soothe her.

"I told you. I told you I'd be a bad mother!"

"Don't say that! I already told you Chase is hurting because he doesn't have both his parents with him as much as he used to."

Emilee didn't say anything, she just continued to cry.

"If you really loved me, you wouldn't have broken my heart because I kissed a guy who I thought was you." Emilee didn't cry anymore. "I mean, you slept with a slut on purpose, and I forgave you. Somehow, you always end up breaking my heart."

The entire time she told me that, I looked into her eyes, but she refused to make eye contact with me.

"That's the thing," I sighed, "I don't want us to get back together, because I'm afraid I'm only going to break your heart again, and it literally kills me to see you like this."

"What if I'm willing to take the risk though...?"

I thought for a minute, then finally words came to action, "No, I don't trust myself enough to not hurt you again."

Emilee's eyes were now filled with water again. "Could we please change the subject?" She whispered.

"What are we going to do about Chase?" I questioned.

"I don't know," Emilee got off my lap. "I just am so confused about everything right now."

"I understand. I am, too."

"If only we never dated," Emilee sighed.

"No, I'm glad we did. We gave each other memories we'll never forget, like Chase."

Emilee smiled. Her phone started going off and she answered a text.

"Do you want to do something family related today?"

I looked at her as if she had three thousand fingers on one hand. "Like what?"

"Um, I don't know. Something that involves Chase, you and I? A family thing?"

"Well, I've always liked mini-golf, but Chase is too young for that. How about the park?" I suggested.

"Chase can't even walk."

"Like you slide down the slide while holding Chase?"

"Yeah, sure. Like when we took Dylan out to the park when I was pregnant with Chase."

"But Dylan got lost," I laughed at the memory. "He misses you."

"I miss him, too. Maybe we can take him with us?"

"Sure, if he wants to."

"Yay!" Emilee clapped her hands.

I smiled, because Emilee was smiling.

"Well get him!"

"Okay, I'll be right back," I told Emilee as I left her house.

Emilee's POV

Josh stood up and left, which caused me to be lonely.

The reason I wanted to do a family thing is because I wanted to get closer to Josh.

The month has been the worst in my life. I've been so confused whether I wanted Josh back or not, but right now, all I want is him.

The moment he said it was over, my heart snapped like it never snapped before. It was completely torn up and no one could repair it.

I have been getting better though, it doesn't hurt as much anymore, but it will always hurt not being near him, so I want to spend more time with him and maybe along the road, we'd fall in love again? I don't know but I hope so.

My ringtone blasted out of nowhere. I looked at the caller ID and saw Drake's name.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Emilee. What's up?"

"About to go to the park with my ex, his brother-"

"Oh, I was hoping we could talk," Drake sighed.

"We can, for a bit. He's not here with his brother yet so we can talk."

"Okay, what are you doing later?"

"I don't know, you?" I replied.

"Hanging out with my favourite girl."

"I thought you were single?"

"I am, I meant you." When Drake told me that, my heart melted.

"I'm your favourite girl?"

"Of course. Aren't I your favourite guy?" Drake asked.

Josh entered the house, while talking with Dylan. It was cute, I loved Dylan's little boy voice.

"I have to go, I'm going to the park. Call me in a few hours."

"All right, have fun with your ex boyfriend and his brother," Drake hung up. I think he's jealous or something.

"Ugh," I hung up my phone angrily.

"What's wrong?" Josh looked at me concerned.

"Nothing, I'll get Chase," I ran up the stairs where I had been sitting for quite some time. I went down the long hallways until I got to the end, where Chase's nursery is. I walked in and took the sleeping Chase in my arms, trying my hardest not to wake him.

I walked back down and saw no one there. I walked into the kitchen to get Chase's things when I saw Josh had my purse, and stuffed some diapers, bottles with warm milk in there, his pacifier, and some clothes.

"I was going to do that," I stuck my tongue out.

"I like your tongue," Dylan complimented.

"Thanks," I laughed. "Three months until your six! Wow you must feel so old!"

"Can I hold Chase?" Dylan asked.

"Of course. Just don't drop him, or he'll cry."

I walked over to the chair Dylan was sitting on and placed Chase on his lap.

It looked adorable because someone small holding someone smaller made me laugh. Dylan was looking down at Chase's face and smiling, while Chase was sleeping.

I took my phone out and snapped a picture, while smiling.

"That's a cute picture," Josh said from behind me.

"I know, I'm making it my wallpaper."

"You ready to go?" Josh asked once I set it as the background on my phone.

"Yeah."

Josh took Chase into his arms and away from Dylan. Dylan and I held hands as we walked out of the house.

"Take your purse, I look gay," Josh handed me my purse. The funny thing is we were almost at the park and he's held it for that long.

"Wow, I dated you, so I'm pretty sure you're not gay."

"Good, now tell other people that," Josh instructed, looking around and hoping no one saw him with this pink purse.

"No, they don't need to know we dated, they can think you're gay all they want."

"Well, I doubt people think I'm gay because it looks like the four of us are a family," Josh laughed.

I was looking through my phone, and saw a picture that made me want to cry.

"Look," I patted Josh on the shoulder.

"When was that?"

"During the summer."

It was a picture of me and Josh, at the beach, kissing in front of a sunset.

"Who took it?"

"We were there with Haley and Chris, so I'm pretty sure it was Haley or Chris."

"Oh," Josh's mind came to understand what happened.

"Dumb one."

I looked both ways and saw no vehicle so we crossed the street.

"Yay!" Dylan shouted, jumping up and down because we arrived.

"Don't get lost this time," Josh told him.

"I won't!"

"Promise you'll stay by Emilee or me?"

"Yes," Dylan conformed.

"Good."

It's surprising that Chase hasn't cried this entire walk.

"Is he still sleeping?" I asked Josh, who was holding Chase.

"Who, Chase? Yeah. All the crying must have gotten him tired."

"Yeah no kidding."

"Josh! Can you swing me yet?" Dylan whined, clearly annoyed and desperately wanting to go on the swings.

"Sure," Josh handed me Chase. "If you don't want him, just bring him to me."

"Why wouldn't I want him?"

"Because he likes me best," Josh answered as he scooped Dylan into his arms and ran.

"Does not, right Chase?" I asked Chase but he was still sleeping. Even if he wasn't, I knew he wouldn't reply. What one and a half month old baby can talk? Definitely not Chase...

I walked down the hill where Josh ran with Dylan, where the park was located.

I was kind of confused about who I wanted to be with, because I know Josh likes me, and Drake does, too. But I like Josh, and Drake. I think the best thing would be to be single for a bit?

I spotted Josh pushing Dylan on the swing, and smiled.

He's such a great big brother to Dylan, Victoria, Tristan, and Allison.

He's a good dad to Chase, too. I just feel like a crappy mom because he keeps crying when Josh isn't around.

It still feels weird calling myself a mom. Well I haven't been one for a while but it doesn't feel right. I'll get used to it though, and one day even Chase will call me mommy, and I'm dreading that day. I can't see him being older.

What if he'll turn out just like Josh? He better not make me a grandma when I'm in my thirty's.

I still need to get rid of all this blubber from being pregnant with Chase.

Those were long nine months, well he was overdue, so it doesn't surprise me.

I was now near Josh and Dylan, so I sat at a picnic table near them and watched them.

Dylan couldn't stop laughing and Josh was smiling really widely, which caused me to smile.

"Emilee, right?" I looked to my left, where the voice came from. It was a lady I knew I reconized, but I didn't know exactly who it was. She had long, brown curls, huge brown eyes, and tanned skin.

"Yes?"

"It's me, Abby, from the hospital that one time when you were pregnant," Abby sat beside me.

I knew I knew her!

"Oh, Abby! I remember you! How's Max, I think?"

"He's fine. Six months already. Time sure does fly by," Abby smiled.

"Yeah, today's Josh's twentieth birthday."

"Isn't that your boyfriend?" Abby asked.

"Ex boyfriend now."

"You guys broke up?"

"Yes, a month ago."

"You guys were the cutest couple ever," Abby frowned.

"Thanks, but he likes this Amy chick and I like a guy named Drake."

"Ah, you and Josh were still the cutest."

"How are Nicole and Jayden, I think?" I changed the subject.

"Yes, Nicole and Jayden. They're fine. Jayden's turning four in next month."

"Nice, I'm turning nineteen next month."

"Wow, I'm still twenty-three."

"And you have a six year old?" I asked.

"Nicole was an accident," Abby frowned.

"Chase was, too. Where are your children?"

"Nicole and Jayden are in school, and Max is at home with my husband."

"Awe."

"Emmy!" Dylan whined.

"What?"

"I'm tired."

"We just got here though."

"Come on, Dylan. Let's go down the slide," Josh offered.

"But I'm tired!"

"No buts!" Josh reminded Dylan.

"Fine," Dylan sighed.

"Good boy," Josh placed Dylan in his arms and threw him above him, catched him, and ran over to the playground.

"Sweet guy. Is that your other son?" Abby asked.

"No, that's Josh's brother, Dylan. I told you that at the hospital."

"Sorry, I have a really bad memory," Abby apologized.

"It's fine."

"I should go, my husband is probably annoyed of Max."

"All right. I hope to talk to you again soon," I smiled.

"Yeah, here's my number," she wrote down a number on my arm.

"Thanks."

"Call me anytime, I can always babysit for you."

She stood up and left. I felt kind of bad for her. Why would she be at the park alone? And without her six month old son?

I turned towards Josh and Dylan and saw Dylan sliding down the slide, and laughing. Josh was at the end about to catch Dylan.

There were other kids waiting to go on the slide. The park was almost crowded, because today it was nice out, and really warm.

I slid down with Chase after a few hours and once it got darker.

It's now six thirty, and we are now going home.

"He didn't cry as much today!" I laughed.

"I know, it made me a lot happier."

"You looked really happy today."

"I was, except that I'm twenty now. I feel a lot older," Josh frowned.

"You're a dad, you're in your twenty's, you've probably slept with fifthty girls, and probably had a hundred girlfriends."

"Actually, I keep track. I've slept with fourty-two girls, and dated sixty-one."

"Close enough."

"How many guys have you dated?" Josh asked.

"Sixteen."

"Well, a model like you, that doesn't surprise me."

"You must think I'm a slut," I frowned.

"Not even close. How many guys have you slept with?"

"Three."

Josh started laughing. "You are kidding, right?!"

"Nope."

Josh continued laughing.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry I'm not a whore," I rolled my eyes.

"What's a whore?" Dylan asked.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Don't say that, Dyl. It's a bad thing and I never want you to say it again, okay?"

"Okay, but Emilee is good. She wouldn't say anything bad."

"It was a mistake," I assured him.

"Okay."

Before I knew it, we got back to my house. Chase was quiet the entire time.

I felt bad for saying whore in front of Dylan, I hope Chase never swears.

Josh walked in first, with Dylan following behind him, then me and Chase.

Josh walked into the living room and turned on the lights.

"Surprise!" I heard everyone yell.

I looked around and saw Haley, Chris, Josh's mom, Bob, Tori, Allie, Tristan, Katy, Nathan, Derek, his aunts, uncles, some more friends from high school, his grandparents, and a lot more. Even some family from my side was here.

I laughed, because Josh was in shock. Dylan ran to his mom, and I hugged Josh from the side with Chase in my arms.

"Were you in on this?" Josh asked me.

I nodded. "When I got a text, Katy texted me telling me they were throwing a surprise party for you and they wanted us out of the house so they could get ready."

"Thank you guys all so much," Josh smiled as everyone surreounded him and gave him hugs. Everyone wished him happy birthday. Once everyone greeted Josh, we all went into the gaming room where Derek had put together Josh's favourite songs.

We danced to Glad You Came, Starships, You Make Me Feel, and so many more.

A slow song came on, and Josh asked me to dance.

"I'm not good with dancing, I haven't done it since prom," I refused.

"C'mon, it's my birthday, for me, please!" Josh begged with a pout.

"No." He wouldn't take no for an answer and took my hand and dragged me away onto the dance floor.

We slow danced for a bit, until the huge cake was brought in. It was white with Happy Birthday, Josh! written in the middle in red, because red is his favourite colour. It had twenty candles around the outside.

Everyone sang happy birthday to Josh as he blew out the candles.

We all had cake, which was vanilla. We had ice cream, as well. It was delicous.

We danced after a bit again, then Josh opened his presents.

"Thank you everyone, it's so kind of you."

Then back to dancing we went. It was mainly the younger people dancing like Katy, Josh, Derek, Nathan, Mike, Haley, Chris, and I. For some reason, Amy was here. I wanted to kill her, but I let her go. This time.

Another slow song came and I asked Josh to dance this time, and he gladly agreed.

"Did you have a great day?" I questioned.

"Of course. It was amazing that I could spend it with you."

"I feel special," I smiled.

"As you are," Josh lightly kissed my cheek. "Let's go outside," Josh whispered in my ear.

He took my hand and we walked out into the dark night.

We walked back by my pool and sat and looked at the bright moon shining stars.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I asked, still looking at the stars.

"For Chase. He's one of the most amazing things that have ever happened to me, and you of course."

I didn't say anything, or even made eye contact with him.

I felt Josh move closer to me, so I looked at him finally.

"Like what you see?" Josh smirked.

"Definitely," I said sarcastically.

Josh's head leaned down, towards mine. Before I knew it, our lips filled the space between us. It was long and passionate.

Sparks flew everywhere, and my heart was racing.

Josh stroke my hair back and then after what felt like eternity, our lips parted.

Josh smiled and I itched my eye because it was itchy.

Once I opened my eyes, Josh looked heart broken.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I have to g-go," Josh stuttered and walked away.

Was it something I did? Am I a bad kisser?

I looked at my hand and wanted to die.

"Josh!" I cried, but he was nowhere anymore.

Why didn't I take this stupid wedding ring off sooner?!