Pregnant?

"This may hurt just a little," Mr. Scamander said, a needle in his hand. Tina nodded, and Mr. Scamander sunk the needle into her flesh. Tina felt a sharp pinch before she saw Mr. Scamander pull the needle out, a drop of blood on the needle. He turned to a vial of orange liquid, squeezing in the drop of blood, then shaking the potion. "If you are pregnant, this will turn blue. If not, it will turn gray," Mrs. Scamander explained, rubbing Tina's back as she carefully sealed the part where the needle had met her skin.

Caoimhe watched, her eyes full of wonder, Credence standing nearby. Tina couldn't see the potion, but she saw Caoimhe's reaction. Her face lit up with joy. Mr. Scamander turned around with the potion.

It was blue.

Tina slumped up against the wall, a million thoughts racing through her head. What would Newt say? Would he be mad? Happy? Will I be a good mother?  Mrs. Scamander walked up, comforting Tina. "It's wonderful news, Tina. Think about it. You have something inside of you that could possibly change the world. You have a little child in your womb," Mrs. Scamander whispered, her voice exited. Tina's body began to tingle. "I need to tell Newt," she said softly. Everyone nodded in agreement. "I'll walk home myself," Tina said slowly, getting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The home she and Newt had selected was only about a mile away from the Scamander home. Tina took pride in their home. It looked like a one room cottage on the outside, but the inside was like a mansion. She looked for Newt, but couldn't find him. She finally climbed in, taking deep breaths to keep from panicking. 

Newt was feeding the nundus, but his face lit up when he saw her. He climbed down to kiss her. When Tina pulled away at last, he frowned at her worried expression. "Is everything alright, love?" Newt asked. "Newt, can we talk?" Tina asked, biting her lower lip. Newt nodded, his face full of concern as he lead her to his shed.

Tina sat down, and Newt knelt down in front of her. Silence. Then, "Newt, how long has it been since the honeymoon?" Tina asked. Newt thought about this. "I'd say about a month. Why?" His eyes begged her to speak to him. "Newt... this may sound.... insane..... please don't be mad.... but I took a pregnancy test at your family's house this morning..." Newt leaned in, his eyes getting wider. "The results were positive.

Silence.

Then Newt's face exploded into a breathtaking smile. "Tina that's wonderful!" he exclaimed, and Tina couldn't help but sigh with relief. Newt wasn't mad. Newt would help her get through this. She smiled at Newt, and he hugged her. Tina inhaled his scent, and wondered if the baby would love it as much as she did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

If you have the time, please check out my first original story, The Princess and the Carpenter, and let me know down in the comments some cute baby names you feel that would be good. (I'm not spoiling if it is a girl or boy!)

See ya!