Chapter One:

"If you keep going we are going to be late, again. Andrew hates it when we don't turn up on time" Maya said as Josh walked into the bathroom.

"Well let's be quick"

"Josh we are always late, I really just came in here to have a shower"

"Plans change my love"

Maya always gave in, when it came to Josh she had no self control. It had been six months since they had moved in together. They were in there own little bubble. They had moved not far from Andrew and Jasmine and found themselves always over with them. Riley had moved away for college without telling anyone. Maya found out from Lucas when he had turned up at their apartment one night in tears. She had broken up with him but Lucas had never told them what had actually gone on and Riley hadn't even tried to contact any of them.

In recent months Lucas basically became Riley to Maya. Whenever she had a problem she would go to him with it. To start off with Josh wasn't too keen on the idea until he had seen how much of a good friend he truely was to her. A lot of his friends had moved away to go to college so Josh and Andrew tried to include him in as many guy times they had as they could.

"Well doesn't my girlfriend look beautiful"

"Thanks Josh" Maya blushed. He knew how to make her blush. Even after all this time he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have her.

"Josh it's a five minute walk and we are already late no more of that" she pushed him out the door.

Dinners at Jasmine and Andrew's had started about three months before. Maya had always got along with them well and she enjoyed being around them. The walks there were filled with scenery and Maya enjoyed being around the area. Just being with Josh was all she ever wanted. Andrew answered the door.

"Well if it isn't Mr and Mrs Matthews"

This was the exact same way Andrew greeted them every time.

"We told you guys 6 this time so you would turn up before 7. Can you please keep it g rated in my house" Maya always found herself rolling her eyes at Andrew.

While Josh went to watch the game in the living room with Andrew, Maya decided to join Jasmine in the kitchen.

"So I was thinking, you know my friend Amanda?" Jasmine asked.

"Yeah she's really nice, what about her?"

"Well she's single and I thought maybe her and a certain cowboy could go out"

"I don't know Jas he is still pretty caught up on Riley"

"I think they would be great together. How about we just invite them both next week to our dinner and we can figure it out"

"Alright but when he gets mad I'm not taking the blame"

Meanwhile in the other room Josh was talking to Andrew about something that had been on his mind. Maya and Josh's 2 year anniversary was coming up and he wanted to make it special.

"Andrew I think I'm ready to ask her"

"Alright well how are you going to do it"

"Well I was thinking when we went out for boys night next weekend that maybe we could discuss it. Lucas would definitely know what to do. I should probably go and talk to Shawn and Katy"

"Good luck with that, that guy is scary when it comes to Maya. He looks like he wants to kill you just when you kiss his daughter let alone ask her to marry you"

"I can get him to say yes don't worry about it"

A/N: Just a little starter..only a lucaya friendship promise joshaya is definitely going to be together at the end!
Will try and update asap