Prologue

My eyesight was going, but he had a certain allure about him that someone could spot from a mile away.

I watched, unblinking, as he browsed somewhat carelessly around the store. It took only seconds before he approached me and crouched down to my level, squinting. I sucked in a breath and waited.

"That one," I heard him say to the manager, pointing. "That orange one with the black and gold patches."

"Good choice, sir," Leah replied with a small smile. She had worked here for as long as I can remember, which, contrary to popular belief, is not five seconds or seven seconds or whatever degradingly short timespan you probably think.

Soon enough, I was scooped up and placed into a cheap plastic baggie.

And that's how my home managed to become one hundred times more miniscule. I never thought that I'd see the day.

"Great," the man said, a childish grin on his face. It made him seem all the more likeable.

Leah nodded again, her plump bottom lip in between her teeth. Her face was acquiring quite a bit of extra color, and her legs were crossed at the ankles, right behind left, even though she was standing up. This couldn't be good.

"By the way," she said cautiously, trying not to giggle, "you look a lot like um, an actor that I really love."

"Oh yeah?" The grin turned smug. "Who might that be?"

"Um," Leah blushed more and kicked at the ground. "Sebastian Stan? You know him? He played—"

"Bucky Barnes, Lance Tucker, Chris Beck....just to name a few?"

Her face went white.

"Oh my god," she muttered, as if she were suddenly short of breath. She placed a dainty hand on her chest (to prevent her heart from tumbling out, maybe) and started panting. "Oh my god!" Leah repeated with more enthusiasm this time. The smile overtook the bottom of her face as she embraced him, knocking him off guard. The bag I was in shook, much to my discomfort.

"Yup, that's me." Sebastian laughed lightly and continued to hug her for way too long. Finally, they let go and Leah composed herself.

"I'm Leah, by the way."

"Nice to meet you," he answered. I felt a vibration to my left and the actor awkwardly took his phone from his jeans pocket.

"I need to go," he muttered, "I'll late for something." They walked briskly to the register and he gave her the pitiful five dollars that I sold for.

"Enjoy your goldfish!" she yelled, still giddy-sounding from her celebrity encounter. I rolled my eyes internally.

~~~

A/N.... I haven't yet worked out all the details, but I'm v new to all of this, don't hurt me. It's odd, I know, but it's quite fitting since I'm an odd person, ngl.