Mines of the mind

Start from the beginning

I nodded understandingly.

"Hey guys, and ladies of course. The owners are here. Luna if you wanna get yourself set up."

I stood up instantly with my camera at the ready.

"Good luck." Bacon whispered making me smile.

"Thanks. See you soon."

Once the owner came over, I kept back whilst they began filming and doing paperwork. Maria seemed to have it all going on as she explained what each form was and why it had to be signed.

"Before I release you all. I have waivers for you all to sign regarding the structure of the building and falling debris. I have enough for each one of you, so if I could..." The owner trailed off handing out his own forms for all of us to read.

Standing quietly on my own, I read my form and understood the terms and conditions when I felt a presence. I paused and looked up to see Aaron next to me.

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it again and decided to look at me instead.

"Thank you.." He spoke eventually making me look up at him. "For stepping in and doing this.. Photographing whilst Ash isn't here. It's good of you. But Ash will be back soon and will want her job back."

I tried not to frown at his comments, I had already spoke with Jay, he confirmed Ash wouldn't be back.

"I know," I replied. "And I've already said I am willing to step away as and when she comes back. That I'm not replacing her."

"Good." He smiled quickly. "That's good because we both kinda know you're not cut out for this."

I scoffed "Wow."

"Luna you know you're not. You were crying over Theo pulling your hair. He's a baby. You need to get over yourself."

I felt as though I had bit through my tongue from the amount of pressure I had it under at this moment.

I couldn't hold back..

"Theo didn't make me cry! It was you! You're a spiteful, self centred Asshat! I wish I never set my eyes on you Aaron Goodwin! How can you pick people up and drop them as if they are nothing?!"

"Hey!" Zak snapped making me look down. "What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just making sure Luna knows what she's doing and where she stands." Aaron grunted before stomping away.

I took a shaky breath watching him leave, my mind was all jumbled up and all I wanted to do was understand why he changed so fast. Nothing made sense!

"Lu?" Zak asked quietly.

"I'm sorry. I-"

"What did he say?" He asked.

"N-nothing. I'm sorry for reacting so bad."

He rubbed my shoulder before looking towards Aaron. "He doesn't make things easy."

"No. Not at all."

"Listen, take a few minutes to compose yeah. Pick up some rocks and throw them if it helps. Not at Aaron though, as annoying as he can be, I kind of need him." He smiled.