I froze, staring at Mandy and then at Julian. He was clenching on to the counter and staring at me, waiting.

“By answering that question.”

I stared at the door in shock when I saw Hannah standing there, her arms crossed. There was this giant roaring in my ears as I tried to force the words out of my mouth.

Why was it so hard to say yes?

I shut my eyes and shook my head. I don’t know who I was lying to anymore. I heard Julian breathe in sharply. Then, I heard Hannah whisper, “I told you.”

Suddenly, Lola burst in yelling, “KENNY BABY! JULIAN AND HANNAH ARE-”

When she noticed everyone in there, she stopped and then awkwardly patted her hair, “Oh hey. I was totally talking about the new characters on Sesame Street. What a coincidence!”

Julian just turned, fists still clenched, “I’m done.”

Lola stared at me with her huge eyes, asking a million questions. Mandy crossed her arms and glared at me, “You aren’t fooling anyone.”

Hannah quickly ran to Julian and pulled him in for a hug.

Lola ran up to me and grabbed the Cold Coffee. “Just what I needed! Now, fill me in.”

Julian pushed Hannah away lightly and then began walking towards me.

I quickly began backing away again until Julian just hopped over the counter and pulled me toward him.

“If you’re not gay, why in the world are you so afraid of me?”

“I’m not afraid.”

Lola spat out her cold coffee, “Who the heck made you Eminem?”

Hannah and Mandy both yelled, “SHUT UP.” Then they looked back at Julian and me, who still had his hands holding on to my arms.

He whispered, “Then say you aren’t gay.”

I concentrated on his hair, which by the way looked extremely fluffy and had me tempted to pat his head, “I’m not gay.”

He growled, “Say it without looking away.”

I looked at him, straight in the eye. Oh god. The eyes!

I blabbered, “I’m as straight as a...Pikachu.”

Julian smirked and I yelled, “It isn’t my fault! Your eyes distracted me!”

Julian let go off me and smiled triumphantly, “Did everyone hear that?”

“Wait. I just said your eyes distracted me. I didn’t EVER say I was gay.”