3

Before they all knew it, and after Bash had passed out at the sight of a frog's spleen, the weekend was here finally. Cornwall's game was coming up the next week but for now, they were able to relax. There was a local carnival that everyone was excited for, including myself.

"Hey girly," A voice laughed before an arm was slung around my shoulder. Looking up I smiled at Toby and the others.

"Hey guys."

"You been waiting long?" Duke asked.

"No, only a few minutes."

"Good," Toby smiled, tugging me to walk with him as we followed our friends into the carnival's entrance.

There were kids, clowns, and balloons everywhere.

"I will cut you, man," Toby threatened a clown that got a little too close.

"Alright, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I've never really liked carnivals." Viola spoke just as Olivia approached us all.

"Hey, I'm working the kissing booth. Come and see me." It wasn't a request, more of a demand as she shot both Bash and Duke sultry looks.

"I love carnivals, man," Duke moaned, already on his way to pursue Liv.

"Hey, Duke, where are you going?" Viola asked.

"Where do you think I'm going?" He gestured to where Liv was heading, the kissing booth.

"Hey, Bash," I called, motioning towards an approaching Monique.

"Uh, ohhhh," Viola moaned.

"What's up?" Toby asked.

"Oh, uh, nothing. Just my psycho ex. So I don't really wanna deal with her, so if you guys don't mind I'm gonna lay low for a little while."

"Alright, cool, catch up with you later."

"Okay, take care of Spence for me!"

"Already on it!" Toby laughed, tightening his hold on my waist some.

"Alright, where do you guys want to go first?" Andrew asked, looking around like a child on Christmas.

Toby grinned down at me for a moment before we followed after Andrew, not wanting him to get too far without us as he tended to go overboard on things often. We followed our overly excited friend around for several minutes before eventually making our way to the kissing booth where Duke was.

"What do you guys think it's going to be like?" He asked.

"Duke, you look at me. I know it's going to be really, really special." Toby told him, almost in a sort of sarcastic way. I leaned back against Toby's chest, his arms wrapped around my waist as we waited. "She's only kissed like 350 guys at this point."

I gently slapped Toby's arm, making him chuckle.

"I just think we need to acknowledge this moment. After 4 long years, Duke is finally going to fulfill his destiny. Life is good! Life is fair! Life is-is just!"

Just as Andrew finished, Viola, dressed as Viola, tapped Liv on her shoulder to replace her.

"And yet.."

"I can't catch a break." Duke sighed.

After the two girls switched after a brief encounter, Duke approached.

"It's just my luck," He sighed again, making Viola look at him with disinterest. "No, no, no, no, I didn't mean it like that. It's just, you know, she's, you know, no. Okay, I mean on the-on the other hand you're really you know, also."