Days of Comfort

The next few days, Fred stood by Hermione's side whenever she needed a shoulder to cry on.

After another few hours, Hermione most of the time was stable and didn't need any help for certain things. It wasn't until another few days, Hermione didn't need him. She worked at the Ministry after leaving the joke shop and found a new place to live after she let Ron and Lavender live their for the sake of their child. Because she's been so busy, she never had time to visit the others, so they didn't really know how she was progressing.

Today was her birthday and Hermione plans on celebrating it alone. She took a day off and brought herself a little cake and a tub of ice cream, for today was her relaxing day and no one was going to stop her. Until her boss asked if she could do some paperwork for him. Of course, being the hard worker she was, she said yes and collected the humongous pile of paper. She's been working for hours and she's been stressed for quite a while. Someone knocks on her door. She sighs and opens the door and was surprised to see Fred Weasley with a big cake in his hand.

"Hey Mione. Happy Birthday. I bought you cake."

"Just leave it in the kitchen, I have a lot of things to do."

He walks inside her house and finds the kitchen and puts thr cake on the counter. He watches her go back to her large stack and begin writing things on them. She yawns for a second before returning back to work. He suddenly had an idea.

He walks to her table, takes the pen from her hand and moves the stack toward him.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"Making sure you don't have to work on your birthday, so I'm gonna do that."

"You don't have-"

He cuts her off, "But I will. I want you to go upstairs and take a big nap, we're going out tonight."

Reluctantly,  she walks up the stairs, goes into her room, and falls asleep instantly as soon as she hits the bed.