Chapter 7----- what happened

CHAPTER 7

“Hey, sleepy head. Wakeup.”

“Oh, hie,” she sat up then noticed that Luke had showered, dressed and the now familiar cologne surrounding him. "You are dressed,” she sounded disappointed.

"Yes, but l will be back in time for dinner. Think you could let me taste some of your cooking, or you have been slacking off," he added when he saw she was about to deny.

"I have not!" she argued. "Be here at six"

"That’s more like it, now l really have to go," he bent and gave her a lingering kiss, "see you tonight." He said as he disappeared through the door.

Alexa shot up and headed to the shower in the en suite bathroom.

Last night had been wonderful. They had made love again and again until she had lost count and it had been better each time.

Then her conversation with Lucy came to focus. She accidentally turned off the cold water and the hot water came tumbling on her. She swore and stepped out of the cubicle and grabbed a towel and went into the bedroom. She donned jeans, a silk shirt, and flat shoes.

She had thousands of phone calls to make if she wanted to set the wheels of Lucy's thirty-fifth party in motion.

She went down the stairs, grabbed a fruit then remembered were she had left her car. She was going to have to take a cab to the Hardy's.

"Hey, you guys, keep it down," Alexa warned.

"Hey, we can't help it," Lily said laughing.

Alexa had gone to collect her car but had ended driving out with both Lily and Carrie to a local coffee shop.

"I knew it. I saw it in his eyes yesterday night, Lily, "Carrie was saying," where were you anyway?"

"Yeah, Lily, where were you?" Alexa asked, glad the conversation had changed.

Lily got suddenly nervous, "Hey, you guys we were talking about the hot guy in Alex's life, not me."

"Well now we are," Alexa said.

"But l promised not to tell," Lily pouted.

"Now you are going to have to break it." Carrie forced.

"Okay, okay, don’t eat me. Luke gave Ethan and me tickets to the Cinderella on ice show; you know how l love that."

Alexa choked on her coffee, "what!"

"Why would he do that?" Carrie asked.

"I'm sorry, okay? I love Cinderella, he wanted to know were you were going last night and l told him, am so sorry, but it didn’t end badly did it?" she asked hopefully.

Alexa was amused, "No Lily it didn’t,"

"And all that sick shit?" Carrie queried.

"I made it up, sorry." She apologized again.

Alexa started laughing, the cheek of that man, "hey you guys, party, on Saturday, my place."

"You throwing parties now?" Carrie questioned.

 She stood up and grabbed her bag. "No, its Lucy's birthday. This reminds me. I have to go. How many people do you know that can throw a party in less than a week?"

"I know one," Lily said.

"Alexandria O'Malley" Carrie finished.

"Thanks you guys," she said as she gave them each a kiss, "don’t disappoint me, OK?"