Car Meets

For the first time in a long time, I wake with the sun on my face and arms I've grown to love wrapped around my waist. I snuggle deeper into Tanner's chest as my nose fills with his sent. When you're away for a long time, always on set, in a hotel or in the dressing trailers, you tend to forget the things you love. Like the smell of Tanner or the way he holds me is so soft and gentle but strong and protective as if I was going to float away. You tend to long for the contact between hands that fills you with sparks but contact with anyone else worsens your desire for the sparks. 

Every morning when I wake up on the couch in the trailer or the messy bed of the hotel, I think Tanner's arms around me but in reality, they are miles upon miles away. Don't get me wrong, I love acting and spending time with the cast and playing in big fancy costumes,  but Tanner is... Tanner is Tanner.

My hunting thoughts escape my mind as kisses and love bits move up my neck. I can help but smile and giggle when I roll onto my back as Tanner moves on top of me. His hands skim over my unusually jetted out hipbones. A flash of worry and confusion is cast on Tanner's face. 

I look away from him as I speak. "The director put me on a diet so I 'fit' the character at the beginning." 

"Why don't we get whatever you are craving for..." He looks over at his phone, "Lunch." We both laugh at the fact that it was almost noon. 

"Chick- fil-a?" Tanner was about to say something but I chained my mind, "Wait, I want Chinese. I haven't had that in the longest time." 

He just nodded and I let a large grin spread like butter on toast over my face as he placed a soft luscious kiss on my lips. Within seconds the cute jester kiss turned into a lustful makeout session. Hands move up and down my sides as arms tangle around his neck to pull bodies closer and closer. 

~

"You have a little..." I point to Tanner's upper lip. He tries to use a napkin to wipe off the sauce from his lips but completely missed. "Here." I slide along the bench next to him and take the napkin from his hand then dab the spot above his plush upper lip.

My phone buzzed on the table suggesting a text but before I could grab it, Tanner snatched the phone and read the text. "Why is Jake texting you to not tell me something." I shrug my shoulders and tried to look at the text as Tanner was texting Jake back. After pressing send, he sat the phone back down. "Are going to tell me or are we going to wait till he texts back?" Tanner asked as if I was a kid that stole a cookie.

"But if I tell you it would ruin the surprise." I pout my lips out and look up at him with puppy dog eyes. He stays silent and crosses his arms over his chest. I huff out a sigh. "Wewerethinkingoftakingyoutothisreallybigcarmeet," I say a fast as I can in a rambling tone. 

"Wait, what was all that?" 

The phone buzzed and he quickly looked at the screen with a pleased grin plastered on his face. "What do you send to Jake?" I ask changing the subject. 

"To meet us here. And did you say something about a car meet?" I nodded. "I guessing that's why you drove your car and not the P1." I nod again. 

By the time Tanner and I finished our food Jake pulled up in his bright blue BMW that I had strangely missed. I held open the door for Tanner which I could tell he didn't like very much. With his broken ankle, Tanner has to relay on others yet he is a self-efficient kind of guy.  

"Carter!" Jake run right up to me and squeezed me so tight I couldn't breathe. 

"Can't... Breathe... Jake!" I exclaim trying to make him let me out of his death grip. 

"Sorry, why did you tell me to meet you guys here? I thought you said we would meet at the place." Jake asks in a whisper.

"Tanner knows," I stated with a half pouty face.

Jake glances over at Tanner quickly then back to me. "Tanner knows what?" 

"I have a broken ankle, but that doesn't mean I'm deaf," Tanner says from a few feet behind me. 

"Shit we blew the cover." Jake is still whispering.

"No, he knows that we're going to a car meet and he was the one that texted you." My voice level is still the same casual volume it has been the whole conversation. 

Jake's mouth forms an "O" shape. "Can we get going? I'm getting excited." Tanner walks passed us to my car. After he is in the car, I give Jake a look saying "race ya" before I dash to my car. I speed out of the driveway but soon slowed on the large city street. Tanner turned up the radio as Closer by The Chainsmokers came on. We both jammed out to the song just like we used to before everything become crazy. 

About twenty minutes later, we arrive and are greeted by fans and car enthusiasts. Since Tanner was still using his crutches, we were only there for a short while before heading over to Maverick's house. 

We were all sitting in the living room playing Mario Cart, a game I haven't played since sophomore year, and eat junk food. I was laying on Tanner's lap watching him win first place. Without warning, he bent down and softly placed a sweet kiss before whispering in my ear, "Thank you for today. I love you." 

"I am just happy to be with you again, love you too." My brain was telling me to sleep so I knew it was time to head home after a long day. Tanner and I said our goodbyes and they sent their Happy Birthdays and goodnights to us as we left. 

The drive home went by so fast, the next thing I know is that I found myself cuddling next to Tanner in his bed drifting into an easy, peaceful sleep.

A/N Hope you like this chapter. Sorry it took me forever to update.