"Wow these are amazing!" I said with a mouthful of pretzel.  We were walking down the street trying to get a cab when I got a phone call. I was in the middle of chewing my food.

"Hello?" I said with a mouthful.

"Yes this is the competition judge from the Island records artist search. I'm please to inform you that you have been selected to move on with nine other people to the final round. Congratulations, Shawn will meet you at the same place you auditioned tomorrow at twelve so he can get to know you. You will also be doing a special activity with Shawn that we have planned." The lady said.

"Oh okay! Thank you so much!" I said and hung up the phone. I almost choked on my pretzel when she told me that made it to the final round.

"You made it!" Lily shrieked because I guess she could here what the lady was saying.

"Okay well I guess they liked me a lot more than I thought." I said and threw my trash away.

"Yeah and maybe Shawn has fallen in love with you and your voice!" She said and nudged me.

"Okay number one that would never happen. Number two I have a boyfriend that I am very happy with." I say as we keep trying to get a cab.

"Would you seriously pick Mason over Shawn. The same Mason who use to eat glue?" She said and I laughed.

"Hey he was six. And yes I would. I don't even know Shawn." I say waving my hand at cabs but none of them stop.

"But you will tomorrow." She said. I roll my eyes at her and kept trying to get a cab.

"Will you help me please?" I say and look at her.

"Oh I saw this in a movie once and it worked." She said and lifted her dress up enough to only show her leg and she stuck her leg out. At least three cabs stopped. I laughed so hard.

"Way to go Lily!" I said and we got into one of the cabs. 

"Where can I take you two lovely ladies?" The young cab driver said. He was kind of cute.

We gave him the hotel address and he took us there. Me and Lily talked about what the special activity was going be because the lady didn't tell me.

"I guess I could dress casual but bring my bag with some nice clothes in it just in case." I said and Lily agreed with me.

"Oh I need to call Mason and tell him what's been going on." I say when we get to the hotel room.

I get out my phone and call him.

"Hello?" I hear him say.

"Hey babe! What are you doing?" I asked and sat down on the bed.

"Nothing much. I'm just at the store for my mom. What about you?" 

"I  just got back to the hotel." I said and slipped off my shoes.

"Oh okay, what did you do today?" He asked me. I told him what has been happening and there was a few seconds where he didn't say anything.

"Mason? Are you there?" I asked making sure he hasn't accidentally hung up or something

"Yeah I'm here. I think what your doing is great! I  really proud of you for making it so far in this competition." He said and I smiled. I miss him already.

"Aw thanks babe. I really miss you." I say.

"I miss you too. If you win you would live in Canada with him for a year?" He asked.

"Yeah but I highly doubt I'm going to win. The other contestants are really good." I said. 

"Oh okay. Well I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'm glad that you're stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something new."