The man looked offended at this. "I am the Phoaroh of Egypt," he said. "I'm sorry," the Doctor said, before bowing and taking me down with him. "For respect," the Doctor whispered to me when he saw my confused look. We stood back up, "Very well Doctor. There is a feast for my most respected people and I would like you and your wife to attend," he said, his face was emptied of emotions. We nodded and said our thanks before turning and leaving.

At the dinner, we sat around a table with about ten different people. The people ranged from tall to short, skinny to fat. But they all had one thing to talk about. Angels. Except these angels were different. They were statues that were covering their faces and when a person would look away and look back, these angels were moved. It baffled everybody. Nobody knew what to think of these creatures.

The Doctor surprisingly kept to himself the whole time and only said a few words.

That night the Doctor and I got a ancient egyptian bed, which by no means was as nice as bed in the future. I looked at the Doctor as he removed his tweed. He looked up at me, "What?" he asked. "Were they talking about weeping angels?" I whispered to him. The Doctors mouth turned into a smile. "Your mother has taught you well," he said. I slightly smiled back, thinking of all the stories that mum had told me about the weeping angels. "Are we safe?" I asked. He thought about this for a second. "I don't know," he said, laying down.

I sighed, laying down next to him. "If I get moved to a different time, you better come looking for me," I said, laughing. The Doctor joined in, "If I didn't your father would kill me."

That made me think back to my parents. I hadn't really thought about them often since I started traveling with the Doctor. I missed them so much. Maybe I should ask the Doctor to go visit them.

I looked up at him to see the Doctor yawning. I smiled seeing how cute he was when he yawned. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes slowly falling asleep.

The next morning I was awaken when two guards hurried into the room. "General, three men are missing," they told the Doctor as he sat up. I looked at the Doctor, knowing what happened to them. "Get a small group of men ready. I'll be out soon," he said, putting his tweed on, as they left. "Violet you should go back to the TARDIS," he said. "No," I said, simply. I wanted to be there with him every step of the way. I couldn't leave him. "Violet, I said go to the TARDIS," he warned. I knew he cared but I couldn't leave him alone with them. "No," I said again, my eyebrows raising. He took a few steps closer to me, "Why do you have to be so much like your mother?" he said, angerly.

The Doctor walked out the door and I followed him closely.

After walking around the palace for half-an-hour we turned a corner and the guards jumped back. Standing in the middle of the hall was a weeping angel. My breath caught and a lump grew in my throat, I had heard about them but had never seen one before. It seemed harmless, but I knew it's dangers. I turned to look at the Doctor but they were all huddled around talking about what to do.

I turned back quickly, realizing that no one was watching the angel. It's face was inches from mine its blank eyes staring straight at me, it's horrible claws entended out toward me. I let out a scream. The men's attention was snapped to me. "Don't look at it's eyes!" The Doctor yelled, pulling me back. "Anywhere but the eyes," he whispered, slowly back up. The guards turned and ran from the angel.

The Doctor slowly backed up, keeping his eyes trained on the angel. "Thats my team," he said, knowing they weren't returning.

I held back a giggle, knowing that this was probably not the time to laugh. "What do we do?" I asked, slowly backing up with the Doctor. "Run?" the Doctor asked. "But we have to look at the angel," I said, thinking it could catch us eaisly if we turned our backs. "Run backwards?" the Doctor asked, not really sure what to do. I thought about it, as we picked up the pace.

We finally arrived in the thorne room where we were yesterday. The Doctor started to run thoughout the room searching for something. I just stayed there my eyes trained on the angel. I learned the last time not to take my eyes off of them.

"Yes!" The Doctor yelled, making me look at him for a second before training my eyes back to the angel, which had moved half way down the hall. "What is it?" i asked, not wanting to make that mistake again.

"I found a crack, not a crack that was as bad as when I traveled with your mother but a crack that will help us with this angel problem," he said, standing next to me, having his sonic screwdriver in hand. "The angel has to get closer," he said, looking away. "How long do we look away?" I asked, not wanted to be sent away to a different time away from the Doctor. "I don't know," he said, grasping my hand tightly. He could tell I was nervous. I gave his hand a little squeeze as I looked away.

One second. . . Two! My head sprang up to see the angel was only a few feet away from us. "Doctor," I whispered, but he was already at work opening the creak as a strong wind started to swirl around the room. He grabbed my hand, holding on the the huge golden chair. We watched the angel fly with the wind as it went into the crack.

The Doctor quickly closed it, as a group of people marched into the room. "There they are," the small group that followed the Doctor said. With them was a tall man how looked very much in charge. "Who is that Doctor?" I asked, slowly standing up. "That would be the real general," the Doctor said, taking my hand as we slowly walked. "What do we do?" I asked. The general gave orders to his men and they quickly started to approach us with spears.

"Run!" The Doctor yelled. And with that we took off, running as fast as we could to the TARDIS. As soon as we reached the TARDIS, we ran inside shutting the doors. We then fell the floor both from being tired and laughing.

We just sat there for a while before he stood up and helped me up. I smiled at him, "So you rid them of a weeping angel and the thanks you get is to be chased of there?" I asked, as we made our way to the controls. He nodded, "I've gotten use to it over the years," he said, pressing some controls.

I felt bad not being able to see him get the thanks he disevered. I pressed my lips together in thought. I knew what to do.

I wrapped my arms tightly around him burying my head in his chest. "Thank you Doctor. Thank you for everything you do," I said, my voice a little muffled by his chest. I couldn't see his reaction but I was pretty sure he was happy. He quickly hugged me back. But didn't say anything.

After about a minute, I let go of him so he could resume his control-playing. Which he did. He didn't say anything though.

But when I turned to look at him, I saw him wipe a tear away. I smiled but didn't say anything. I knew that he hadn't been thanked in a while and it must have meant the world to him.

I hope you liked the story! Please comment, vote, message and fan!