Looking at the torture devices with absolutely no emotions on my face, I reclined back on the chair. The silver was slowly starting to make my immune system weak, and all I did was simply wait to let it take over me. There was no one that could help me, the only person who I could mind-link was dead.

I'm sorry uncle.

There was no point in mind-linking with the dead, it's not like they communicate in general. However, I couldn't help but feel an immense amount of sadness in our connection that I just had to say my final words to him, even though I was saying this more to myself.

I couldn't be the Queen you wanted me to, there is no way I am making it out of this place alive. But I am sure, that my mate Ares will be a great King.

Those were the only words I could get across in my mind before the silver crept up my brain and sent me into a state of unconsciousness.

Ares

"Where is she?" The entire Palace remained quiet, they were stunned at Ares' outburst. Over the seven years he had been here, not once did he need to raise his voice. He had that aura about him that made people submit to him within seconds, this was the first time they were facing his wrath.

"Where is my mate?" Ares paused and looked over to the torn up servants. They were too afraid to move that their lips slight quivered.

"Do you have no idea, where your Queen might be?" Ares stood up and kicked the table in front of him. All the plates and the cutlery crashed onto the floor crashed onto the floor, the metal sound raging against the walls. There was an eruption of outcries from some of the maids, but Ares couldn't care less about them. His mate was missing and it was all his fault.

"Alpha, there-" Hermes couldn't finish his sentence before Ares stormed over to him and gripped him by the collar. Ares' rage had blinded him, he couldn't see the difference between his enemy and ally. To him, they were all his enemies.

"You, it's was all your fault." Ares said as he pinned Hermes to the wall of the dining room. Hermes stared at Ares for a moment before lowering his eyes onto the floor. It was an unspoken rule not to look into an Alpha's eyes when it was pitch black.

"Alpha, I didn't know about that tunnel." Hermes' excuse caused Ares to let out a ferocious growl as he dropped Hermes onto the ground. Hermes thought he could let out a sigh of relief, but he didn't realise that Ares was still in his wolf form and heard him let out that sigh.

Ares was now enraged at Hermes' careless nature, there was nothing stopping him and Hermes. Ares swiftly turned around and struck an open hand against Hermes' face. The sound resonated throughout the entire room, it had silenced all the cries that Ares had previously caused.

The people in the room were not only awestruck but paralysed. Ares, although a brutal man when it comes to punishing his enemies, never harmed his friends let alone his own Beta. Hermes looked up to Ares with a hint of betrayal and shame in his eyes. Ares himself couldn't believe what he had done, what's worse, was that Hermes thought he had deserved the wrath of his Alpha.

"That's enough, Ares!" A familiar voice came from the shadows of the entrance. Ares looked at the figure, knowing who it was just by the voice. Ares was still in his wolf state, growly profusely at that intruder. However, the man remained unfazed by Ares' actions and simply stood his ground with his arms crossed over his chest.

This man was hiding in the shadows, no one could see him, only Ares could. His identity had to be kept a secret, otherwise, all that Ares had built over the years would be demolished. Ares couldn't completely trust this man, but this was the only man who he could trust.

Ares' eyes slowly began to falter back and forth from the dark coal black to the bright cyan ones, he was himself again. Taking a deep breath, he walked passed the fatigued Beta, not even glancing at his state. Ares felt too guilty for doing that to his loyal friend, and he would understand if Hermes would never forgive him for what he did.

Both the man and Ares and that man walked in silence into his study. Upon entering, Ares sat on his table as the man wandered around the shelves picking up the books to read. Over the years, this man had made himself comfortable and he knew each and every aspect of this room.

"What do you want?" Ares stated he was getting increasingly annoyed at the quiet man. The man didn't answer, instead, he indulged himself into a book he picked out.

"HADES!" The man's attention finally landed on Ares when he slammed his fists on the table. He was unaffected by Ares' outburst as he had witnessed it a countless number of times by different people before. He slowly placed the book down and clasped his hands behind his back, a stature of pride and wisdom before uttering those last words that tore Ares' emotions apart.

"I know where your mate is."

❌❌❌

🌙 OMG, hands up if you think Hades is an evil guy. For those who don't remember, the Elderly Council was talking about replacing this guy in place of Ares. So, if Hades is going to be King, then why is he helping Ares finding his mate?

🌙 If you have the answer, let me know. Those who get it right will receive a follow and a special private message from me 😊

🌙 Don't forget to vote and comment on this book. You can also check out my other works.

🌙 Buckle up folks, because I have some good news, as well as bad news bad news...

Bad News: while this chapter is being published. I would be finished with writing the entire book. 😭

Good News: I have a werewolf book series coming out! So far it's going to have just four books, but I'll be planning to make it up to seven if my readers desire me to do so 😁

🌙 Thank you for supporting me, you shall be rewarded with more mature chapters 😉

-Le_Roma