WHY?

Hey guys! Long time no see, hope you all enjoy this part! I'm having an inspirational phase which means more Snowbarry!!!

Barry's POV

Still confused as to how I was to get Caitlin to come to Cisco's ball I steadily emerged from my car. What did Iris want? Looking down at my watch I realised that Caitlin would return to STAR Labs in about forty minutes to finish up for the day. Strategically I figured out that that gave me twenty-five minutes to talk to Iris around seven minutes to drive there (wish I had just run here) and eight minutes to prepare what I would say to Caitlin to make me seem cool for once before she left for the night. Right, this is too planned out... Catching my scrunched up face in the wing mirror of my car I let out a large sigh,  "Wow... I'm so pathetic."

Iris wasn't hard to spot. Her gorgeous smile appeared when I walked in revealing her stunningly white teeth and enhancing her kind deep brown eyes. My God she was gorgeous. Walking clumsily to her table she let out a little giggle as I stumbled into the chair opposite her. Attempting to cover up my now pink face I raised my hands and faked a yawn. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes I did" Iris smiled.

"Well here I am." I pulled my arms away from my chest in a shrug of a gesture.

"Yes, here you are..." Irish blushed slightly," I just wondered whether you'd heard about Cisco's ball? I walked in on him talking about it with Harrison and he seemed a tad nervous when he told me about it." Iris laughed.

"Why would Cisco be nervous?"

"Well he said that he didn't want anyone to really know about it until you'd 'completed you mission', whatever that means, you know what Cisco's like. Anyways... I just wondered whether you were going to ask anyone?" As she said this Iris' hand began to creep its way towards my own limp hand on the table.

"Uh... nope, no, I -uh. I mean, well I- it - I need to just, you see..." Silence filled the atmosphere. anxiously I looked around Jitters. I've wanted to date Iris for as long as I can remember and she clearly wants a date to Cisco's ball but why can't I answer!? Cautiously looking through my eyelashes I saw Iris  frown and whip her hand back down to her side.

"Um, Barry, I have to go but I'll call you later."

"Uh- yes, okay, sure -yeah.." I stuttered. Raising one eyebrow slightly, Iris got up, left the table and walked out of Jitters. Immediately I smashed my head on the table. Why, why WHYYYYY did I just do that, I mean come on! I am a shameful human being. Through my cringed expression I looked down at me phone. OH CRAP.

Recklessly parking in STAR Labs I ran inside. Lights off. "OH THIS IS JUT BRILLIANT." I yelled as I knocked some files off of the desk.

"Barry?" Caitlin cautioned.  Spinning round on the floor, re-dropping the flies that I had just collected I snapped my head up.

"Cait! What are you, you left - why are you..." At my inability to structure a sentence Caitlin laughed.

"I was just leaving when my car broke down, I wondered if anyone had come back and might be able to help." She looked at me expectantly.

"Oh - I, yeah sure. Of course. You want a lift?"

"Yeah, I would love one thanks." Caitlin smiled, picked up the files that I was straddled over and handed them to me. I smiled and nodded my appreciation as I took them out of her hand. As met eyes met hers we both stood there smiling at each other. I scratched the back of my head.

"So, uh hey there's this things that Cisco's doing and I was wondering whether you'd like to come with me -

Hope you guys liked it! You'll have to see if Barry gets lucky or not next time - it might not always be predictable ;) Leave me a comment of what you guys would possible like to see sometime in the future :) Anyone watch Riverdale? Let me know :)

- Ali x