Chapter 15

*Harley J's P.O.V.*

'Uncle Alfred was really quiet when he picked us up. We went to the store and he let us pick out dinner. Spaghetti and corn with grape juice! He went into the hallway to talk on the phone a few times but didn't seem happy about whatever it was. Jeremy picked out a story for us to practice reading.'

I put down my pencil and showed my journal to uncle Alfred and he smiled a little while he was checking my spelling.
"Miss Harley, I must say, your spelling is improving tremendously. How about some butterscotch pudding as a treat? You and master Jeremy have been doing splendidly, as of late. I'm very proud of you." He said patting Jeremy and I on our heads. I and patted his head back, which made him laugh.

His phone rang and he left the room. We looked at each other before slowly and carefully snuck over to the entrance of the kitchen. We didn't poke our heads around but stayed quiet to hear him.

"Thank you, Barbara. I owe you. So what did you find.. No record of her? How very odd. Well is there anything about her from today? What? No, of course the hospital had to call.. The tattoo.. Yes I did hear about the incident at Lex Corp., but surely... Oh he is? Oh my. Yes I'll talk to you later, I must call master Bruce. Barbara thank you again."

*Alfred's P.O.V.*

I set my phone on the counter and thought about what Barbara told me.. Could that little girl be from Lex Corp.? What could this mean..

*Suzy's P.O.V.*

I liked the nice man that had brought me here. He reminded me of Louis. I hope he's okay.
The Therapist the hospital had sent in was okay but the lady from.. What was it.. Something about adults helping kids like me.. My head was still a bit fuzzy. My eyes felt heavy again. I played with the remote to the TV like the nurse had shown me, and flicked through the channels. I settled on a colorful cartoon about a boy who could turn into a ghost and he saved a town over and over from bad ghosts. As much as I like the show I found myself falling asleep. I shimmied down and curled up with the my second pillow the nice nurse brought me. Someone came into the room, probably a doctor or something. They came over and stood over me for a moment or two before touching the long pole that held the medicine stuff that helps with sleep and..

*third person*

The social worker fiddled with the I.V. increasing the amount of meds flowing into Suzy's arm. She went limp with sleep. She checked Suzy's pulse before pulling out her phone and sending a text.

'ᴵᵀ'ˢ ᴰᴼᴺᴱ. ᴵ'ᵛᴱ ᶠᴼᵁᴺᴰ ᴴᴱᴿ.'

Such a simple child. Unsurprisingly she didn't make it too far from Metropolis. Now to bring her back and make sure she is dealt with properly.

-----------------------------
I know another short one. More to come soon though!
Also real quick I just wanted to say I plan on making this a long story so I'm trying to put as much detail into character back story a bit now before we get to the actual main story. Please bear with me I have so many plans for this story!

ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ