Chapter 2

*HARLEY'S POV*

I stood outside the door to the apartment I was hiding my little girl in, thinking about how to tell her about the Joker.. Thanks to the whole Titan thing at the Asylum he was now dying from it. He had huge blistery sores all over and he was having a harder time breathing. He has tricked B-man into finding a cure but... *sigh* what if he can't get it in time? I shook my head and smiled as I saw her little blonde locks bobbing up and down as she rode Lou over round and round in circles laughing the most adorable laugh I've ever heard. Harleen was such a beautiful little girl. Ivy even made her a mini version of my old costume. She wears it all the time.

For just a second, just one, I was calm and positive. I ran over to her and the Babies and cuddled them all close. I then picked Harley J. (as I like to call her) and sat her on my lap on the couch. I played with her hair while I calmly told her about her daddy. She started crying and hugging me close. She asked about him all the time, always wanting to meet him, but I knew I could never let them meet. Joker could never be the father Harley J. needed. I held her until she burst out giggling from my Babies licking her tears away. I told her that an old friend of mine was going to help her daddy get better and not to worry. I did not mention it was a very long shot that this plan would work at all..

Sometime later after cuddling with Harley J. until she eventually fell asleep I eventually got up, carefully kissed her and the Babies goodnight then headed out, laying their in the dark had given me time to formulate a plan. I couldn't put all my stock into B-man getting the cure in time. I made my way to Freeze's lab as quickly and quietly as I could. All the while thinking of my little girl.. She was so incredibly smart. Probably thanks to Red's injections. Maybe a lot of moms wouldn't have let her get injected with whatever concoctions their best friends had come up with but since she had used it on me and I had had no negative reactions I knew Harley J. would be fine. She was so strong and smart. Ivy was teaching her a lot and I am so grateful for it. Lucky that she loves Harley J nearly as much as I do.

One thing I hate about all this is Arkham City.. It's a stupid plan. Unleashing us baddies all over the town. What if one of the other lunatics stumbles across my little girl.. They would quickly figure out who she is. I'm going to have to move her closer to Ivy soon.

I finally got to Freeze's and made my way down into his lab when I heard shouting and stomping around.
"Batman! Come out and face me, Batman!"
Shit! B-man had already made it here? Well he is wicked smart. I timed my tinkering with the wall where I knew the cure was being hidden, with Freeze's stomping around and yelling. I popped open the makeshift safe and nearly cried when I saw the vials. Maybe just maybe I could get home to my Puddin' in time to give him the cure. I dashed out and found myself a fast car. It was no batmobile but it would hopefully get me home to the toy factory in time.