detention !

disclaimer: this book is very cringe and i wrote it a long time ago, please don't leave hate but i don't mind y'all criticizing it lmao. it's actually funny. just don't take it too far :)

j e s s

"jess get up, you can't be late." my aunt shook me awake, I groaned tossing the blankets off me, hopping off the bed and nearly falling. a usual morning routine.

>>

"everyone, take your seats please, the bell means class has started." the teacher mutters as i walked in holding my new schedule. i took a seat in the back meeting eyes with the adult in front of me.

He gave me a disapproving look before speaking to the room full of disrespecting kids once again.

"as some of you can tell, we have a new student in class. care to introduce yourself?" his question takes me by surprise and when i realize i'm standing in up to speak i begin choking on words that have seized to leave my mouth.

>>

"excuse me, uh do you happen to know when class let out?" i question, both attempting to start a conversation with this person, and trying to find my answer.

"miss," he hesitates looking down at roll sheet on his desk.

"corter, stop talking." he lifts the brim of his glasses like a cheesy movie character and send me a glare.

"sorry sir, i was ju-" i try to explain myself, not wanting to upset anyone, especially a teacher on my first day.

"i said stop talking." he repeats, i can feel the eyes of other on me, and a few whispers, they must be familiar with his actions but they stay silent as things carry on.

"but i was just-" not helping myself, that's for sure. the look in his eyes gets angrier,, if possible and he mutters a sentence i didn't expect to hear today, let alone in my first class of the day.

"would you like detention on your first day? i can assure you that can be arranged." his eyes are peering into mine and i gulp.

"No, no sir. i don't even know what i did wrong." that last part was only meant for my head, but it ser him off. he scoffs for finally before speaking again, turning around as the gut wrenching words leave his chapped lips.

"see me after class miss corter." i sink low in my chair and look around as the glare of other students disperse as my gaze meets theirs. oh boy

>>

"please tell me you're just messing with me. i can't be getting detention for nothing." my voice goes up an octave every time i speak, by the time i'm finished it sounds like a small shriek.

"disobeying me is not nothing." he mocks, pride lingering in his facial expressions

"it's my first day, please just let me have this one day." i try reasoning with him but he shakes his head and continues to write notes on students tests

with the silence and growing tension i decide to start my journey to find my next class, that is until he speaks once more.

"you need a pass." He croaks, I stop and turn around wanting, to be gone from this small class room.

"hurry now." he says practically telling me to 'be gone'. i give him a fake smile and walk to my next class, i can already tell he's going to be a pain in my ass.

>>

"waters?" The ASD teacher asks, looking amongst the unfamiliar faces lurking in the classroom, i begin wondering why the. and waters came first, considering it started with a "w" but the though hits me that it could just be in order of who for detention first.

"here." a girl with long brown curls answers, he annoyed expression says it all and i can feel the emotions she feeling as well.

"corter?" she calls my name, and then looks up confused.

"here." i answer, i've never been in this position before and the fact that i'm here for no reason really is messing with my head.

"birlem?" the teacher calls clearly not going in alphabetical order.

"birlem?" she repeats, i snd thw others sitting down look around to see if someone's just not not paying attention but what we see is each other all doing the same thing.

"evens?" She sighs continuing with her list of students who had most likely be in logdans class when they got sentenced to this torture chamber.

>>

ten minutes pass by when i hear the door open, the screech from the metal hinges makes my skin crawl.

"im home." the boy says walking in with a small smile plastered on his face.

"birlem, you're late ... again." the teacher spoke looking un amusingly at the tall boy with brown hair and hazel eyes which looked more like a green in the luminescent lighting.

i hear a slight giggle come from the girl beside me as she did a small gesture that only the two of them understood.

"Just take your usual seat Joseph." the clearly annoyed teacher, says olling her eyes, he did as he was told, propping his feet on top of the desk.

i continue doing what i was doing before the somewhat loud interruption, only looking around a few times to pass the time.

>>

"miss corter, aren't you new?" The teacher asked breaking the silence that had filled the room for the past twenty minutes.

i look up and nod my head slowly. there wasn't much I could say anyways.

"So why are you here?" The teacher asked eyeing me as if i had just got another day of detention.

"I don't know why don't you ask no-brows logsdan?" She looked down trying to hide a smile, that could have gone differently, very differently.

I looked around to see people eyeing me as if they were saying 'did she actually?' With their eyes.

I'm about to look down when I see the hazel eyed boy looking at me with a cheesy grin, I give him a weak smile before returning to my previous doings.

>>

"You are now free to go, try not to be in anymore trouble." The teacher says not getting to finish before ten kids are out the door.

"I'll be seeing you again tomorrow Joseph?" The teacher asked as he was half way out the door.

"Same time tomorrow." He chuckled Walking back out, I shook my head with a smile as I looked down gathering my things.

--

New story:))

Xx Lorena 💘

edit ; i hope this is better because it's edited :)))