8:00

[ minute eight ]

***

EVERYTHING AROUND ME is buzzing with fear and confusion, the mere thought of the plane recovering erased from everyone's minds as we continue to dip and swerve uncontrollably.

We could crash at any second and everything will go up in flames, leaving behind no survivors.

The freckled girl beside me squeezes my hand in reassurance, her pretty blue eyes still shining with tears despite the comforting smile that stretches across her lips.

My breathing is still ragged and unstable, but I can feel my heart rate slowing down gradually as I begin to except the reality of the situation.

The girl seated beside me briefly releases my hand to dig around in her backpack, her strawberry blonde hair framing her face as she leans over. Her search seems to come up positive as she produces a small black book, her fingers expertly flipping through the thin pages before she stops suddenly.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord," she reads aloud, her hand shaking slightly. "Romans 6:23."

"Eternal life?" I question in a voice barely over a whisper, her hands returning their tight hold on my own.

"Yes," she nods, smiling as a single tear rolls down her cheek. "It's free to anyone who excepts Jesus into their heart."

"Okay," I exhale heavily before clearing my throat which is hoarse from crying. "H-how I do that, then?"

"Close your eyes and relax. God will guide you and show you the way," she says, her soft voice music to my ears.

I do as she says, clearing my throat before letting my eyes flutter closed in reluctance. The alarms around us continue to blare without hesitation, their horrific sounds mixing in with the screams and shouts of terror coming from the passengers that frantically run up and down the aisle.

"Admit that you're a sinner and that you need God's help, and then invite Jesus into your heart to become your personal Lord and Savior," the girl says, her voice calm and steady, as if she had rehearsed that sentence a million times. But when I open my eyes, I find her with her head bowed and her eyes shut as she grasps both of my hands in hers.

Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes again, I do exactly as the freckled girl has said to do.

And just like that, I'm suddenly not afraid anymore.

***

{ this chapter holds the complete and utter truth. Anyone can have eternal life with God in heaven if they admit their sins and except Jesus into their heart. No catch. It's free, you guys. There's no reason to be afraid or anxious when you have God on your side. He loves you no matter what and he has a plan for each and everyone of you.
God loves you more than anything. Don't forget that (: }