My Potential New Ninja Babysitter

Start from the beginning

There is one thing I'm certain about though, and that's the fact that if Damian doesn't trust me, which he clearly doesn't, I'm going to have a little ninja following me around for the foreseeable future.

The elevator doors ding and both Alfred and I step out into a hallway. It's decorated with wood paneling and a small table with a vase on top. I have flashbacks to my out-of-body experience and shiver. What the hell was in that Joker Venom?

"Your room will be right this way Miss Violet." Alfred states while turning left, pulling me out of my thoughts. We walk past a couple doors until Alfred opens one.

"Here we are. I hope you find it spacious enough and to your liking."

I walk into the room and am honestly speechless. I look around. "Are you kidding me? This is nearly as big as my whole apartment!" It's spacious and sparsely decorated with a wooden framed queen sized bed with plain white sheets. Next to it is a simple wooden nightstand with a lamp. Across from the bed there's a large flat screen TV and a large comfy armchair in the corner of the room facing it. There is a large sliding door that must lead to the closet on one side of the room and opposite of it was a door leading to a personal bathroom. The greatest part about the room was the giant glass doors covered by wispy curtains that lead out to the room's own personal balcony.

I have the widest grin on my face as I open the balcony doors and let the cool night air into the room.

"I'm glad you enjoy it Miss Violet." Alfred says. I turn around from the balcony.

"You don't have to call me Miss, Alfred. Violet's fine." He nods and starts to head out of the room. "Oh, and umm, Alfred?"

"Yes?" He turns around and glances back at me. I want to give him a hug so bad, he is literally my most favorite character in all of the Batman comics. I hold myself back though because, well, it would be awkward. He doesn't know me and I really don't want him to be weirded out by me like Damian was when I called him precious. But I just want to give him a hug... However, I decide to just tell him how much of a cool dude he is.

"I hope you know how much Bruce and everyone else relies on and appreciates the work that you do, and I just want to thank you for that."

He looks at me taken aback. Crap, I said too much. It's really hard to find the right balance to tell all of these people how damn cool they each are and to not freak them out by getting too personal since I've only just met them.

"I- thank you Violet." He stammers a little and smiles. "That is very kind of you. I'm so glad that I'll be seeing you more often."

"Oh, well, I don't know about that. Bruce doesn't really trust me yet." I say sheepishly.

"Don't worry, he'll come around." He says as he closes the door.

Oh my gosh, Alfred, you kind soul. I was feeling kind of tense since it's pretty clear Damian doesn't like me very much and Bruce doesn't really trust me. But honestly, thank god for Dick and Alfred.

I flop down onto the bed and burry my face into my pillow. It's just so frustrating that I'm living on the same earth as some of my favorite characters ever and I can't tell them how much they mean to me because I'll look like I belong in Arkham. This isn't like some fanfic where I meet Batman for the first time and just blurt out "OMG Bruce! I love you so much! You're my favorite!" and just expect him to role with it. He is real and will respond realistically to something like that. And by realistically I mean that he will freak out when a random civilian knows his identity.

I flip on my back and sigh. I just want to get to the point where these people know me well enough that when I tell them how much they mean to me, they aren't freaked out. And you already messed that one up with Damian, so good luck with that...

Eventually I fall asleep only to wake up floating above my sleeping body. Oh great, another out-of-body experience. I fold my arms and float down to sit in the armchair in the room. That Joker Venom really messed my brain up good. Maybe I should tell Bruce in the morning. I sigh and prop my head up with my hand on the arm of the chair.

I stare out the open balcony doors for a good ten minutes before I get bored out of my mind. "Welp, this dream is obviously not progressing on it's own so I guess I will have to take the reigns." I mutter as I stand up, or rather float up, and phase myself into the next room.

I go throughout the whole mansion and only manage to find Alfred mixing some batter in the kitchen. They must all be down in the cave still. I float down through the elevator shaft and into the cave.

"...don't trust her father." Damian seems to be arguing as I float down and sit myself in the chair by the Batcomputer.

"Trust who?" a voice says from behind Dick.

"Violet." Dick says. He seems to be annoyed at the argument they all were having before the owner of the new voice walked in.

"-tt- The only reason you don't see the possibility of her being a threat is because you want to get into her pants." Damian smirks.

"You little-" Dick starts towards Damian. I finally see the person who had been standing behind Dick.

"Will someone just tell me what's going on?!" Red Robin yells. He takes off his mask and sighs and I nearly explode with joy. IT'S TIM! MY PRECIOUS BEAN IS OK!

Bruce breaks up Dick and Damian and explains everything to Tim. He takes it all in and looks thoughtful for a moment. "So you're just going to trust her?" He finally says.

Dick groans, "Not you too." Damian turns to him with a triumphant smile.

"I wasn't," Bruce replies. "I was planning on having her monitored by you three for the time being until we can figure out if she's fully trustworthy."

Pffft, I'll show you who's trustworthy mean dream Batman. I pout and float back up and into my room. I really don't feel like getting a self-evaluation on my trustworthiness by my own subconscious anymore.

I stand awkwardly in my room, willing my dream to change, but nothing happens. "This is jank dude. I can't even change my own god damn dream anymore." I huff and sit down on my bed next to my sleeping body. Suddenly tiredness rushes over me and my head falls on my pillow and everything turns black.