The Strength to Go On Sequel Ch. 2 TEASER

I know it's not much but just bear with me!

Chapter 2 *TEASER*

It had been a whole month, and Jayde was still miserable. Her mom had tried sending her to therapy, but Jayde wouldn't talk. She had sat there with the therapist for the full hour without saying one word. What was worse was that she had let herself get her hopes up. After texting Janneke the destination of her move, she figured that Janneke would tell Scott and he would come after her.

She figured that if he did, then he really did want to be with her and he really didn't care about the distance. But it had been a month, and she hadn't even gotten so much as a phone call from him.

She had talked to everyone else plenty. She and Janneke had already arranged for Janneke to come out and visit for the whole summer, and Justin was coming for the first month of that. Kevin wanted to come for the second half, but he had football-training camp. Instead, he was going to come for Winter Break. It was a long ways away, but having something to look forward to at least took Jayde's mind off of other things.

There was only 2 months of school left, and then she would be able to see Janneke and Justin. She had entered her new school so late that she had yet to make any friends. She sat alone at lunch, and kept to herself in all her classes. Her mom thought that she was depressed, but Jayde reassured her that she didn't need any type of meds. She wasn't insane; she was heartbroken.