Crash

"Pirates on my ship! I'll see where they'll hang," Amelia growls as she loads one of our blasters she keeps in her cabinet.

"Doctor, familiar with these," she tosses him a blaster. He holds it like a rat by its tail, but he doesn't seem to be afraid of it. He just inspects it like it's a normal object.

"Well, um...I think I'm familiar with these--," he didn't get a chance to finish when the blaster went off and shot the glass globe next to Amelia.

"Um...no, no I am not."

Amelia rolls her eyes as she tosses me a blaster to load. I strapped my extra blaster on my hip along with my ammo.

"Mr Hawkins, defend this with your life," Amelia tosses the map to Jim, but Morph thought of it as a game and snatched it with his mouth.

"Morph, give me that!"

Suddenly the door starts to spark as they try cutting through the metal door.

"Quick, down the hatch," I yelled at everyone. I moved aside the red rug in the middle of the room, revealing a hatch. I quickly swing it open and shove Doctor Doppler down the hatch then usher everyone else down the hatch.

We rush down bellow the ship to the long boats. Amelia quickly shuts the door and locks it behind us. I quickly jump into one of the long boats and pull out my blaster.

"Morph, no!"

I whip my head around to see Jim reaching for Morph out on the catwalk, in Morph's mouth was the map. I immediately panic and jump out of the boat, running after Morph and Jim.

"Morph! Give it back," I scream as I reach for him.

"Morph," Silver calls," Morphy come here," he whistles.

"Morph, bring it here. Morph come here," I coed.

Jim joins in on the begging to Morph until he flew into a pile of rope. Silver crawls over to it. I quickly snatch the map out of the pile. Jim grabs onto my wrist and drags me back to the long boat. We quickly jump into the longboat as it drops. We release the sail as we steer down to the planet. Till a laser ball came hurdling towards us.

It hit us in seconds sending us falling down to the ground.

"Laila..."

My name echos from a distance. I try to open my eyes but all I see is darkness, like my eyes are glued shut.

"Laila..."

Again, I try to open my eyes, but this time I felt myself shaking from side to side, like someone was shaking me awake.

"Laila, come on!"

That's when I recognized that voice, it was Jim.

I tried to open my eyes again with every strength I had. I forced my eyes open and was greeted with sparkling blue eyes (shout out to @bellaships for the heads up. Thanks girlie✌🏻).

No words were exchanged between us. We just embraced one another in a soft hug.

When we pulled away I tried to stand on my feet, only to get a shock of pain on my ankle. I look down and see that my ankle was completely gashed and singed.

I rip my sleeves and tie them together before wrapping it around my wound. I slide my pant leg down to hide it before Jim or the others could see it.