I almost jumped in joy and picked up my pace. I reached the house and a plump, elderly woman sat outside gardening.

Her house was small but beatuiful, the roads ran in front and on the left side of her home.

I walked onto the lawn, breathing heavy, my legs feeling like jello. The old woman heard me and stood, turning around. When she saw me she gasped.

"Oh dear! Come inside, quickly!"
She exclaimed wrapping her arms around me, I was at least a foot taller than her. She brought me inside her house, it was nice and cool and smelled like baking.

She sat me down at a small round table in the kitchen and I took deep breaths, my knee throbbing.

She got a glass and filled it with water as an old man walked into the kitchen. He raised a grey eyebrow at the woman and she sighed as I began to chug my water.

"I found the poor girl outside. She needs help, Alfred."
The small plump woman told the man.
"Alright, I'll call him."
He muttered and left the room.

"Thats my husband, Alfred. I'm Jane, whats your name love?"
She asked and I put my glass of water down.
"A-Anastasia."
I replied and she smiled.

"Thats a beautiful name."
She told me and I gave her a small smile.
"So where are you running to love, in a sweater, socks and nightgown?"
She asked and I gulped.

"Away from a bad person."
I replied quietly and she sighed. I listened to a car pull up and the old man walked over.

"Thats Linc, he'll help you. Good thing I called him now, he was just about to pass by, he was coming from town. C'mon, lets bring you out."
Alfred told me, taking my arm and I thanked him.

But I wasn't going to follow him out. 'Linc' was obviously Lincoln.

Alfred shot a look at Jane, and mouthed something to her, and her eyes slightly widened.

Jane followed us out of the house and towards the black car, I had to get away.

Jane took my other arm and I glanced at her but she stared straight ahead.
"Don't want you to fall."
She muttered and I sighed, ah hell no.

I began trying to free myself as Lincoln got out of the car and looked at me. I couldn't free myself, these old people surprisingly had strong fucking grips.

I shouted out in frustration then shoved Jane down, by hip checking her. I punched Alfred with my free hand and he released my arm, so I started running again.

"Anastasia!"
Lincoln shouted after me, but I didn't look back.
"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."
I muttered as I ran.
"Anastasia! For fuck sakes!"
He shouted and I continued to run.

Suddenly the ground in front of me was shot and I jumped back, falling onto my ass.

I quickly stood and was about to take off again.
"Don't fucking move!"
Lincoln spat, and I looked back at him. His gun was pointed at me and my heart beat sped up in fear.

Was he going to fucking shoot me?!

No he wouldn't.

He began to walk towards me and he realized what I was thinking.
"Don't move, Anastasia. I'll fucking shoot your leg."
He warned but I ignored him and began running.

"For fuck sakes- follow me with the car!"
He shouted and I knew he was chasing after me. I ran as fast as I could, my knee ready to give out.

I didn't know where I was running I just knew I had to run far. I could hear him behind me and my eyes widened.