Chapter 3

Chapter 3

There was a shrill noise which woke me up. And somehow I knew it was Debbie.

„Oh my God, Amber, what the fuck? Do you know how worried we were? You even left your phone at the bar, I tried calling you like a hundred times! Then Jeremy and Paul started talking about how you probably left with somebody to do the nasty or that somebody took you and tried to kill you!”

She didn’t even care that I was covering my ears because of her voice, she just kept talking and talking and talking and—

“Are you even listening you, you ape shit?! You—“

“Yeah, yeah, I’m listening and I’m sorry, I should have said something when I left. Now, keep it down, you’ll wake my parents.”

“OK, don’t tell me what happened, it’s not like I’m dying to know. I mean nailing a totally hot guy isn’t worth telling your friend about, no, of course not, but I guess you’re forgiven. And, by the way, your parents are already downstairs, drinking coffee, how do you think I got in the house in the first place?”

A glance to the clock revealed that it was already 7:05. I groaned and laid back down, pulling the covers over my head.

“I’m going to skip today so you might as well leave.”

I was nearly asleep when I felt somebody push me off the bed, resulting in me falling to the floor. On my head. Groaning in pain, I rubbed the spot that hurt the most and tried to get up.

“You’re a bitch, you know that, right?”

“And you’re a cow, now go and take a shower because you stink. Now, if you don’t mind, I want to drink coffee as well.”

I waited until she left and searched for my towel. Once I found it I went to the bathroom dwn the hall, deciding a long, cold shower would be best for me right now.

It was nearly 8 o’clock when I reached the kitchen to grab some breakfast. I went for the fridge but there was an angry-looking Debbie. Even my parents had already gone to work.

“Hey Amb, nice to see that you hurried up and thought about me, the girl who will get another detention because we are going to be late.”

Shrugging I said,

“I told you, you should just go.”

She didn’t answer but instead tossed an apple at me and went to the front door.

I decided that since we were already late, and because breakfast is very important, I should get a bowl of Cheerios, but a stern look from Debbie made me skip that bowl of Cheerios and put the apple in my bag.

–––––––––

Arriving at school, I couldn’t get out of Deb’s Porsche fast enough.

It took his dad forever to be convinced she’s responsible enough to own such a car. But if I were him, I would have never bought Deb this kind of expensive car, she’s such a reckless driver.

“Amber!” came a shout from afar. Looking towards the entrance, there were Paul and Jeremy. Paul with a blank expression and Jeremy with a worried one.

“Where were you? We—“

“—you thought I was dead, yeah, yeah, I know. Just please, stop yelling, OK?” I cut Jeremy off.

Instead of answering, Jeremy came over and gave me the tightest, most bone crushing hug ever. I looked at Paul, to see if he would be any help in getting Jeremy off of me, but he shook his head. Bastard.