•12•

'Cause I can't stop myself
I just love being a fool for you-ooh-ooh
Zayn's POV:
Do you know that feeling where everything in the room seems to freeze and your heart stops?

I felt that way when I heard Niall, the love of my life, ask me if he knew me.

"Niall...its me Zaynie," I whispered looking into his eyes, mentally pleading with him to remember. He started at me blankly for a few minutes and then looked down at the blanket.

His small, pale fingers picked and pulled at the threads to occupy himself. He avoided eye contact and I think that hurt the most.

"Please...Niall look at me," I begged him getting on my knees by his bed so I could see his eyes.

"I-I dont remember much," he whispered sadly, "it hurts when I try too and it makes me feel like shit. The one simple thing that every one keeps asking me to do and I can't even do it."

As much as I wanted to reach out and hold him, I knew that I couldn't. He didn't know who I was and I couldn't force him to remember either.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I wish I could remember you but its...hard to. I'll keep trying if that makes any of this a bit better," Niall finally took his eyes from the bed and looked up at me.

A small sigh left my pursed lips and I directed my tear filled eyes to the window. I knew this wasn't his fault. It was mine.

"Zayn?" His soft voice asked me nervously. I cleared my throat and hastily wiped my eyes from the tears.

"Thank you for trying Niall," I forced a smile on my shaking lips and ran my fingers roughly through my hair pulling gently. I just wish he could remember me and everything we have...I mean had.

"I-Im sorry for upsetting you," Niall whispered looking up at me with sadness in his deep blue eyes. His bottom lip shook slightly and his nose scrunched like it always did when he was thinking.

"Hey, don't worry Ni," I shook my head looking down at his blood stained bandages, "I'm sorry for not being there."

"Don't blame yourself," Niall frowned then bit down on his plump bottom lip.

"I'll try not too," I looked at the end table where his phone sat. I knew he had a picture of us as his wallpaper and his password was a Z.

"You can look through my phone...you know for something to help with my memory," he suggested handing me his phone.

I smiled taking the device avoiding contact with him and turned on his phone. There was no longer a lock on his phone, which was weird, so I swiped and was met with his wallpaper.

On his homescreen was a picture of him kissing Liams cheek while he smiled at the camera widely. Did Niall change his screen saver? Or did someone try to erase me from his mind?

I shook those thoughts from my mind and went to his text messages next. I scrolled through, finding my name no where on his messages or his contacts but there was someone in his phone named 'baby😘❤.'

"Niall?" I frowned catching his attention and showed him the contact, "who's this?"

"Oh, Liam said that that's his number," Niall shrugged and blushed slightly, "he told me he's my boyfriend."

I dropped the phone on the bed, feeling my heart stop in my chest and struggled to get air through my tightened lungs. I was completely erased from Niall's mind and if that wasn't bad enough there was no memory of me on his phone.

Niall's phone was the only source of proof that I had left to prove to him of our relationship. And Liam took that away from me.

"Zayn, are you okay?" I looked at Niall who had concern written all over his soft facial features. My mind was spinning and the only thought I had was "get out of there."

"Yeah, don't worry about me Niall. I'll be back tomorrow okay? I just need time alone," I leaned down and kissed his head. I quickly left the hospital room and ran out the front door.

Fat rain drops hit me in the eyes as I looked up at the sky, I felt like this was all punishment for my past mistakes. He was taking Niall from me.

I was going to lose the only person who generally cared about me and it was all my fault. I stuffed my hands in my jean pockets and started my way home.

I was about half way when a thought suddenly hit me.

I wasn't going to give up without a fight. I was in love the blonde Irish and I was going to get him back one way or another.