Chapter Nine: Time Travel

Harry wakes up in the hospital bed. "wa... Sirius!?" he sits up and looks around eyes wide.

"he was caught harry." Ron says from next to Harry.

"what!?" Harry frowns.

"without Pettigrew nobody would believe your story." Hermione says. "even if I had been there it's a lot to try and ask anyone to believe. He'll be receiving the Dementors kiss at midnight."

"We can't let that happen." Harry growls. "Sirius was my families friend. My guardian. He can tell me about all the things I've missed." The large clock chimes its midnight bell. "we're too late!?"

"how far are you willing to go?" Hermione questions.

"I'll do anything!" Harry say.

"come on then." Hermione holds up her necklace. "if you really want to save Sirius then I will help you." she stands next to Harry and puts the chain around his neck. "I don't have time to explain." She pushes the middle of it three times and it begins to spin. A few moments later she removes it from Harry and puts it back in her shirt.

"what was that?" Harry questions.

"it's a time turner." Hermione says. "we've gone back in time to just this morning before Buckbeak was to be executed." She looks around. "what were you doing just before then?"

"ug.... Sleeping." Harry frowns. "I meant to see Hagrid before it happened but I slept in and missed it."

"alright follow me. and try not to let anybody see you." Hermione says.

The two make their way to the grounds of Hogwarts and then duck into the forbidden forest. Once there they way there way over to Hagrid's and watch as Malfoy and Jade exit the castle and make their way to Hagrid's.

"he really did go down to apologize." Hermione says almost baffled. "and there is myself and Ron." Hermione says pointing. "after we went inside the ministry showed up." she says lowly. She watches herself and Ron go inside the hut. A few moments later the ministry and Dumbledore begin to walk down from the castle. "why aren't we leaving!?" Hermione growls looking through the window. "come on Draco look at the window."

Harry looks at Hermione questioningly. "why would he look out the window."

"because he..." Hermione looks at the ground. "start throwing rocks. Now." She orders and picks up a rock and chucks it through the window hitting Draco in the side of the head.

Harry's rock flies through the window breaking a pot.

Hermione stops Harry from throwing another. "look they're leaving. Its fine just get back now so they don't see you."

Harry obeys and drops the rock.

The group of four from the past sneak around the hut and disappear back up to the castle.

"Come on." Hermione hisses. Then she leaves the safety of the trees and heads towards Buckbeak.

Harry follows. "what!? Why?"

"the ministry can't kill Buckbeak if they can't find her." Hermione replies. "come on help me get her untied."

Harry looks right at Buckbeak and bows.

Buckbeak bows back and stands up.

Harry pets her and unties the rope from the post. "come on now girl... we have to go... if you don't surely you may end up dead."

Hermione holds up a dead ferret. "Buckbeak look it what I have. That's right come get the nice dead weasel." She throws one of the ferrets and backs up a few steps. Buckbeak follows her into the forest.