Section 5 (new)

A training of sorts had begun at hogwarts. Harry and Malfoy practiced their spells and learned a few new ones from some older kids. Crabbe and Goyle did the same.

Jade was still taking extra classes with McGonagall like she had the year before, but when she had free time she was there with them learning new spells too.

Harry and Draco attended devenations class. They had previously been learning about prophecies and studying great wizards of the past who had been gifted in being able to tell the future.

The professor had today setup tea on each table in pairs. Everyone was drinking tea while she explained the leaves in the bottom could tell you the immediate future somewhat like a fortune cookie.

"But those cookies are often just facts because the seer who is incharge of making the predictions is getting increasingly lazy." She says. "Now once you have finished your drinks exchange cups with your partners."

Draco had sat with harry. "I don't see anything, just a bunch of wet leaves." He says twisting the cup around.

"Well I am supposed to read your cup." Harry says handing his cup to draco. "Let me see it."

They switch cups and immediately start to look up what they believe they see.

Trelawney walks over to harry. "Let's start with you two? Harry what do you see?"

"Well it appears to say." He checks again in his book. "This here I believe is a bridge. It's kind of at an angle going from the rim to the middle of the cup. I think that means it will be a long but positive journey."

She nods. "Give me the cup."

He nods and hands the cup to the professor.

She looks it over and smiles. "Malfoy, you will experience a journey when you come out the other side you will see a positive change." She hands the cup back to harry. "Very good." She turns to draco now. "What does Harry's cup say?"

Draco frowns checking the book. It was obvious he didn't have a talent for devanation. "Um I see the sun just here so happiness, but then there's this thing here. Suffering? I'm not sure. It looks like it says you will suffer but you will be happy about it."

"Give me the cup." She says.

Draco hands the cup to the professor.

She looks at the cup and ina. Sudden fit of panic nearly drops it. "Oh dear!?"

"What?" Harry asks.

"You have... the grim." She says placing the cup back on the table. She looks up as another boy starts reading off the meaning of the grim.

"To see a grim, or sorts of looks like a dog, means death is your future." The boy reads.

Harry looks at the cup.

Hermione at a table nearby huffs. "This is bogus." She stands up from her table with Ron and Neville and begins to leave the class.

"What's her problem?" Draco says.

Neville shrugs. "All I did was tell her that her cup seemed to say she was spread too thin and that she would make an unlikely friend."

"She does not have the heart for devenation." Trelawney says.

The rest of the class attempts reading their cups and then they are dismissed.

The following day the group of Harry's friends were down on the quidditch pitch practicing casting defence spells, about an hour before the team was supposed to face Ravenclaw in their first matchup of the season.