"Get a hold of yourself! Look at you. You're creating a scene. Do you really think she deserved to be told about the loss of her child like that?" She panted hard. "You should go home and get cleaned up." I knew nothing I said would get through to her. She had that crazed look in her eyes. She walked away from me without uttering a word.

Liam Birke
"Report."
"Mr. Paxton still hasn't woken up yet."
"The girl?"
"She hasn't said much since she was told about the loss of her child. They have been trying to give her professional help."
"And what about Natalía?"
"Everyone seems to be scared of her; the nurses, the doctors and even the guards. It has been three days since she last slept. She hasn't eaten anything either, other than coffee. It's a miracle she even showers. She also moved Mr. Paxton to a different hospital and a private wing where only she and his friend have access."
"What about the company?"
"I'm not sure."
"Find out. And please let Mr. Accosi know that I'm expecting him to be in my office within the hour."
"Yes sir."

Liam Birke sat back in his leather chair and stared through the window of his office. He loved this view. It was his thinking spot. Different thoughts ran through his head on what exactly to do about his daughter. This was not a Natalía he was used to. She was always level headed and weighed the pros and cons of every situation. But she wasn't thinking or acting rationally now. "What to do?" He whispered. His right hand Emilo had downplayed the situation, because he was fond of Natalía and would let her get away with murder if he could.

"Isobelle." I pressed the intercom button. "Yes, Mr. Birke?"
"Please arrange for me to leave for America as quickly as possible."
"Sir? Did you say America?"
"Yes. I need to be in New York as soon as possible."
"Yes sir."

After about an hour, Antonio finally arrived. "Have a seat, Antonio. We have much to discuss."
"Liam," he greeted me. "What's so important for you to demand my presence here?"
"I trust you've been keeping up with the situation in New York."
"Of course, as have you."
"I'll be leaving for New York in a couple of hours."
"You're going to America? You haven't been there in twenty-three years. You vowed never to go back."
"I'm well aware of what I said, Antonio, but when it comes to my daughter I would walk through the fires of hell to make sure she is okay."

"Natalía is fine."
"Fine? You call not sleeping and not eating fine? The guard have to force her to drink coffee, which is the only thing she will take into her body."
"It's not unusual for her to go without food. She was a model, and I would know. I've lived with her."
"Stop making excuses for her recklessness. You should also take responsibility for your callous act. This is your fault."
"How is this my fault?"
"You are the one that caused her guy to be in that accident in the first place. You are responsible for him being in that coma."
"How do you know that?"
"I'm always a step ahead of you, Antonio. I've been doing this a long time. You care for Natalía. I understand. I also understand your target was the girl and not Paxton. But something went wrong and he ended up getting hurt. Now my daughter is hurting and you need to fix it."
"What do you suggest I do?"

"First of all, Natalía must never find out that you're responsible. She must never know that you planned that accident just to find out if Paxton is the father of that woman's child. She might not take that information too well. Secondly, you are going to go to America and take care of Natalía. If she doesn't want to eat, shove the food down her throat and make sure she keeps it down. If she doesn't want to sleep and continue to terrorize the hospital staff, have her put down."
"By put down you mean...?"
"Sedate her if you have to. You might not be her husband anymore, but nobody there knows that. Exercise your non-existent right."

"You never had any intention of going to America did you?" I smiled. "Why should I when you're here? The jet is fueled and ready to go. You have two hours."

Antonio Accosi
"Your report."
"Mrs. Accosi has been by Mr.Paxton's side for three days. Everyone is afraid of going near her, even the nurses and doctors. The only thing she allows them to do is check is vitals. She is the one that cleanses his body and shaves him every morning. She closed down the entire hospital floor just to have privacy."
"What about the woman?"
"She hasn't said a word. Mrs. Accosi has been banned from seeing her because on numerous occasions she became violent."
"Violent?"
"She has slapped her a couple times and even tried choking her with one of the hospital machine cords."
"And what were you all doing when my wife tried strangling a woman to death?"
"Well sir we couldn't really do anything because she was making it difficult for us, and you gave specific orders not to harm her."
"I see. I'm told Natalía had a paternity test done. Have the results come in yet?"
"I'm not sure, sir. The original doctor refuses to tell us anything until both Mr. Paxton and the woman signs."
"Okay, thank you. Where is Natalía now?"
"Mrs. Accosi is at the hospital, sir."
"All right then. That is where we shall be going." My driver nodded and drove off.

**********
"I said get out!" She flung the TV remote at the poor nurse who was just trying to do her job. "Mrs. Accosi, I need to check on Mr. Paxton's condition. I also need to shave him and..."
"I said get out! Marc is fine. He's just resting. He doesn't want to be disturbed by you. I can take care of him."

"What are you waiting for? Get the doctor," I said to no one in particular. "

Mrs. Accosi, I really need to check on Mr. Paxton. I need to know what condition he is in."
"Just get the fuck out!" She screamed at the top of her lungs and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. I noticed her hand was shaking. I slowly backed away from the room, careful not to be seen. Luckily the doctor had arrived. Before addressing him I looked at the guards.

"Has she been taking any sort of medication?"
"Not that we're aware of sir." The doctor looked away guiltily. I frowned. "Excuse me for a minute." I grabbed the doctor by his collar and dragged him away. I looked at his name tag. "Dr. Bernard is it? What is my wife on?"
"Your wi...wife?" He stuttered out. "Yes, my wife. What is she on? Her hands were shaking when I saw her just now. You won't be punished if you tell me what you gave her. I know my wife. Whatever she threatened you with I will make sure doesn't happen if you tell me what I want to know."

"She asked me for pills that would keep her awake. I gave her some caffeine tablets." He looked away ashamed. I couldn't really blame the guy. Natalía could be scary at times. No wonder her fingers were shaking so badly. "She's going to collapse soon. I need you to put her to sleep."
"How am I to do that?"
"You're a doctor, figure it out." He thought for a minute. "I could give her a sedative."
"No more pills."
"An injection would also work, but I can't get close enough to her for that and I would need permission to administer it."
"I'm giving you permission, and don't worry about getting close to her, I'll be the one doing it. We'll sedate her then. Prepare the needle.

**********
I silently watched her turn away every doctor that went into that room. She sat there the entire time talking to him and stroking his hair. I probably should have felt jealous, okay maybe I was a little jealous, but I was glad that Natalía had finally opened her heart to someone allowing there to be an opportunity for love to blossom.

"How long will she be out after the sedative?"
"I can't say for certain, anywhere between twenty-four and forty-eight hours. It might even be longer."
"Okay." He handed me the needle, and I entered the room. "Natalía." I called her name softly.

"Antonio. What are you doing here?"
"How could I not come when my wife has been behaving like the she-devil. I had to come make sure you were okay."
"I'm not your wife anymore, Antonio."
"Do I get a hug?" She got up from the chair. "Of course." And stepped into my arms. "Thank you for coming."
"No problem. I just have one favour to ask of you."
"Favour? What favour?"
"Go to sleep for a little while, ll mio amore." I gently stuck the needle into her arm and watched as her eyes started to close slowly.