5sos imagine number 1

5sos-concert

I see the line of girls jumping from foot to foot, clutching the piece of paper that confirms their purchase of a ticket. I can't help but chuckle at their anxiety and the way they begin to tear up at the thought of 5sos. Yah, the band was hot and could sing and had killer personalities but was that really a reason to pass out? They are normal people, not some rare creature.

A security guard comes out and begins to scan the tickets and I pull my shoulder bag more securely to my side. If I was gonna do this I need to be quick. All of the guards attention are on the people getting admitted to the point they don't even notice when I slip around the corner. A long black alleyway full of unguarded entrances stands in front of me. It's pure gold in the eyes of a fangirl. I go ahead and pull my canon rebel out of my purse and loop it on my neck. Either this was gonna go great or absolutely horrible but either way I was gonna get some pictures for my blog.

The cold doorknob turns with ease under my hand. They should really learn the fundamentals of locking doors. You could immediately hear some rock music being played from one of the rooms further down the hallway along with some playfully bickering. My judgment was completely lost at that moment. There wasn't a single guard in the hallway so I followed the noise, my camera coming to life in my hands. I took a few shots of the 5sos laminated dressing room sign and laid my head against the door to try and hear inside it. You could easily make out 2 possibly 3 voices that belonged to teenage boys. I just hit the mother load. I put my hands on the doorhandle, hoping to crack the door open a little and take a few pictures before heading to the show.

"What are you doing?l" the sound of a males voice makes my blood run cold. I look up slowly grimacing when I recognize the head of slightly curly hair. Now how am I gonna get out of this one?

"Well, you see. I'm a... A... Uhm... I'm a member of the arenas staff. I was ordered to come check on the band." I make up a story. Maybe I'd get lucky and he'd believe my story long enough for me to make my escape.

"Where's your lanyard? All staff and crew have to wear back stage passes around their necks." Ashton looks down at me doubtfully.

"I left it at home?" It sounds more like a question than a confident answer. I was so screwed. There wasn't even a point in keeping up the act anymore. I pull my hood over my head once again and bolt down the hallway.

"Ah! Wait!!" Ashton yells. He bangs on the dressing room door before chasing me. Those short few seconds gave me enough time to take a few extra turns and enter into a crowded foyer. Hopefully he'd be smart enough not to follow me through here. That'd only cause a riot and/or mob. I breathe a sigh of relief when I finally enter into the standing-only room they'd be performing in. My hand instinctively traveled to my neck where my camera strap should be. All I felt though was my heated skin. My heart beat even faster the adrenaline coming back. I try not to jump to conclusions and pull my shoulder bag off me. I kneel to the ground and empty the contents. Gum wrappers, pencils, random scraps of paper and a tiny notebook littered the ground at my feet... But no evidence of my camera. I had to have dropped it in my haste to leave the hallway.

I can't go and ask for it. I shouldn't have even taken the camera off my neck. But I needed a better angle and more room when I got the door open. I should've just went to my seat and got ready for the concert. You would've thought if have learned by now. I pull my iPhone out of my back pocket and turn the HDR on. I guess low quality cell phone pics is all I'm gonna get. They didn't have an opening act and their announcer was Liz hemmings but soon the band was on stage and playing heartbreak girl. My heart just about fell to the ground when I saw my camera around Ashton's neck. I had only had that camera a little over a year. They sung a few more songs before Luke handed Ashton a microphone.

"Hey guys! So I found this camera. It's a very lovely camera. But you see it's not one of the crews or our cameras. So if you lost it please go to the entrance you used to get in to the arena. I'll be there to return it." All of the girls look at each other quizzically. As far as they knew there was only one entrance. Ashton hands the microphone back to Luke after introducing the next song. Amnesia. Was the camera worth me getting caught? I mean, I have other cameras that are just as good as that one. But I had just out my 50 GB SD card in it. My only 50 GB card. That was definitely worth the risk. They ended the concert with disconnected.

My hands began to shake and my palms were sweaty as I discretely entered the alley I was in earlier. Was I really up to this. I mean it was only a 40 dollar SD card. I can by another one later. But I still had so many pictures on it that I haven't uploaded to my computer or a hard drive left. If all else fails I'll just make a break for it.

"I'm guessing this is your camera?" A male voice calls out. My voice catches in my throat when I see Ashton, a body guard right behind him.

"Guilty," I nod.

"You take really good pictures. And you know you could get in a lot of trouble for having been caught backstage." He tells me.

"Yeah, I was hoping we could just over look that small happening" I suggest. I was becoming really antsy, seeing him thumb through my pictures.

"Well you see. I got a great idea when I saw your pictures," he smiles at me.

"And that would be...?" I prompt him. Maybe if I took off now I'd make it out and not get caught.

"You'd have to accept a paid job with us. Being a publicity person. You know? Taking pictures of us in the studio, our tour bus, and concerts and all." He smiles. I blink a few times and ask him to repeat himself which he gladly does.

"Uhm. Yah I'll do that!" I say. I knew nothing was final but wow. I could actually possibly make a career out of picture taking. Ashton gives me my camera back, pleased with my answer.

"Oh and by the way, I'm not a crazy fan. Just a blogger."