Chapter 10

The beasts lurched towards our group and the man who controlled them disappeared from sight. A cry of fright was heard behind me and as the creature I controlled lunged into battle, I turned to usher my friends into the safety of the car. Only the driver was not in any position to move.

Ken had used his vampiric speed to capture the driver in his powerful arms and tilt his head to the side, his fangs drawing dangerously close to the man's neck.

"You can't save them all," he whispered loud enough for me to hear it and plunged his razor sharp fangs into the driver's neck, a scream piercing the night from the man as grunts of pain echoed from the other side of me. The beast at my command was having trouble with the three creatures who were circling it, waiting for an opening to attack.

In my head, I felt the queen decide to help the creature before the man and I made her freeze, my will wanting to save the man since he was human.

The creature is mine. The man will die even if we help him. She said but I did not care. The driver put up with our strange ways and was nice enough to not complain at our choice in music, style, or language. He was a nice man and didn't deserve to go out that way.

Steeling my resolve, I pushed the queen back and without another glance towards the lion and jackals, I jumped onto the car and lunged myself into the air and at the vampire who was not quite expecting me to be so careless. My arms grabbed onto Ken and dragged him off of the driver and to the ground, my body landing atop his with a great deal of force. For a moment, the air in my lungs escaped and I tried with all of my might to gain more but as it seemed, it was easier said than done.

The man dropped to the ground, blood still pouring out of his wound and I pushed with everything I had for him to be okay. My head moved up and down as Ken began to chuckle, his chest rock hard and solid beneath my face. The weak limbs I had hoisted my body up and I was suddenly pulled back down to his chest.

"Ah Sena, the queen within you would have chosen her follower instead of the man. Good to know who I am dealing with right now," he sneered and I felt my frown turn into a grimace. Although I was weak from falling to the ground, I used my free hands to give him a good punch to his manhood. His arms immediately released me and I rolled out of his grasp and up into a crouch.

"Then you should know that I play dirty," I said and gathered the queen's essence in my head into my hand, a yellow glow taking form in the shape of a fire. Fire kills vampires right? Let's see him evade this. As I lifted it above my head to launch it at the man, a high pitched,

"Stop!" echoed into the night. Mary ran to me and grabbed my arm, the fire disappearing into a puff of smoke.

"What are you doing? He isn't Ken," I rushed and went to gather the power back into my palm but her sobs had me frozen in place.

"I know he isn't Ken but I still don't want him dead Sena. Something is telling me that he can't die yet." I shook my head and kept an eye on the man who's manhood seemed to be recovering from my direct hit. Everything in me was saying to kill him but now it wasn't so simple. Why couldn't it be simple?

"Mary. Get in the car. I will take in your feelings later but he will kill you. If need be, check on the driver and make sure he is okay," I said and pushed at her to go. She was like a sister to me. I wasn't going to let her die.

"Do not climb to your feet or my beast will kill you," my lips moved on their own as the queen slid forward. The lion under her control had just finished off the last of the jackals and was stalking its way toward the man who was still grasping his manhood. Woman or not, men naturally have more weaknesses than women.

"Let me put it this way your majesty. If you kill me now, someone you love will die," he spat out and sat up a small bit. The low growl from my lion kept him from moving any more. His words made my blood run cold and I glanced around to look at my friends. Was one of them betraying me as well? No, their surprise is true. But if it is not them, then who could it possibly be?