Fighting Back

Grells p.o.v

Yawning I sat up and stretched. After taking a shower and dressing I made my way to Wills house. Today I didn't have work and got up extra early so I could do something special for Will. At his house I went into super stealthy ninja mode and broke into his window. In his kitchen I got out eggs, bread, milk, cheese, and orange juice. First I made scrambled eggs, then two pieces of toast, and topped it off by sprinkling shredded cheese on the egg. I then poured orange juice into a glass and put everything on the table. Smiling at the work I did I tip toed my way to Wills room.

Slowly I pushed open his door and walked over to his bed. He was on his back with one hand on his stomach and the other on the bed beside him. His blanket was covering up to his waist and he was shirtless. After admiring him a while longer I crawled onto his bed and sat on his stomach with one leg on each side of him. He stirred but didn't wake. I put my hands on his chest and leaned down so I was barely an inch from his face. "Wiiiiiillllll." I whispered. "Get uuup." His eyes opened and he squinted at me. "Grell? What are you doing here? And why are you sitting on me?'' Smiling I stretched over and grabbed glasses of his nightstand. "I have a surprise for you." I told him putting his glasses on him. He sat up on his elbows and looked at me. "How did you get in my house?" "A window." I stated matter o factly. "So you broke into my house?" He asked. "Yup!" I clarified. Smiling even more I ran my fingers through his hair. "You should wear your hair down more often." I said. "Sutcliff would you please remove yourself from me?" I looked down at him then laid with my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him.

"Sutcliff what are you doing?" He questioned. "Your warm and comfortable." I replied closing my eyes. After a few seconds I jumped up and ran to the door. "Quickly get dressed and come to the kitchen!" I yelled winking and running out. A few minutes later Will came out dressed in his normal attire and his hair gelled back. "I made you breakfast." I smiled. He came over with a slight smile on his face. "It would seem you have." While Will ate I started searching his cabinets and exploring the house. When I got back to the kitchen I discovered Will washing the dishes. Quietly I snuck up behind him and snaked my arms around his waist and rested them on the thin strip of counter between the sink and Will's stomach. Sighing I rested my head against his back. "Sutcliff, what are you doing?" He asked. "I'm giving you a hug." I replied. "Well I need to get to work." He said. Taking a deep breath I let go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed Will all the way to the office and found out that souls were acting up and fighting back more than usual, causing trouble for the other Shinigami. Will being Will decided he was gonna go out and see for himself. And me being me decided to follow him. Grabbing my unauthorized death scythe I ran out of the building and up to Will. "Ready to go!" I shouted striking my signature pose. "When did you get that?" Will asked raising an eyebrow to my death scythe. "I have my ways." I winked. He just shook his head and turned around. "Let's go Sutcliff."

Wills p.o.v

So far we had reaped five souls and none of them went down without a bigger fight than usual. Grell already had a cut on his arm and more than a few bruises. As for me I had a cut on my leg which, to my disappointment, slowed me down some. We were currently on the roof of a brick building fighting a particularly hard soul. It hit Grell in the back causing him to drop his death scythe and land on his stomach. "I'm alright." He said getting up. There was a scream from somewhere to my left and I turned to see what was happening. A part of the soul was attacking a woman. Quick as a flash I rid of that part of soul.

There was the sound of foot steps behind me. "Will look out!!!" Grell yelled shoving out of the way. I turned just in time to see him stumble and fall over the edge of the building, blood dripping from where he had been hit. There was a thump as I ran over to the edge and Grells limp body lay in a crumpled heap in the cobblestone. "Grell!!!" I yelled jumping off the building and running to him. I got down next to him and put his head on my lap. "Grell please say something... Grell please!!!" I begged close to tears. With a small smile he looked at me through half closed eyes. "I knew you cared." His eyes closed. "Grell stay with me." I said picking him up bridal style. The whole way to my house I kept telling him to "hold on" and "you'll be alright", but honestly I wasn't sure he was gonna pull through this.

---------------------------------------------

Done. Hope you enjoyed! Comment, vote, all that good stuff! ❤