Afterword

Thank you, dear reader, for giving me a shot. If you got the good ending, then it should be apparent that this is merely the opening to a grand adventure. After escaping the high school, there is more to do, and I'm working on a full book to explore that.

Follow me on Facebook or Twitter for updates on the book. I hope to offer it for sale as a physical book or a PDF download. You can shoot me messages on here pestering me to complete the book if you would like; that is, unfortunately, the only way I complete some tasks. Just ask my wife. I get distracted too easily.

I never envisioned writing about the Zombie Apocalypse. The inspiration for this story came from Wattpad itself. I had wondered if anyone did Choose Your Own Adventure books on Wattpad, so I did a search. I came up with numerous stories, and one entitled Zombie Apocalypse caught my eye. So I decided to give it a look-see.

I was appalled.

Grammar and spelling mistakes galore, a ridiculous plot, and choices that lead to nonsensical situations and horrific endings. Plus, the characters said the Z Word, which you just don't do in zombie stories. I don't read them, nor do I watch The Walking Dead, but I know this convention of zombie apocalypse literature. The author, presumably a fan, should know too, right?

Well, I decided that I could write a better story. So I started with the same situation and same first two choices, and tried to make a better story out of it. I hope that I have succeeded.

I want to send a shout out to Crumbly Head Games (https://www.crumblyheadgames.co.uk/ or follow them on Twitter -- https://twitter.com/CrumblyHeadGame). I used their excellent GBAT software to write the first draft. If you want to write CYOA, go quickly to their website and download GBAT. You'll thank them over and over again for making that most excellent tool.

For the latest and greatest information, cruise over to http://corytucholski/books/zombie-apocalypse.