Chapter 2

I walk into my tiny kitchen. I open a cupboard and take out a bowl and spoon. I always have cereal or porridge for breakfast.

After pouring out a huge amount of Tesco-brand Rice Krispies for myself, I sit down at the breakfast bar (I don't have a kitchen table!).

Looking out through the floor-to-ceiling window on the far side of the kitchen, I notice how awful the weather is. Raindrops are coming down hard, like tiny bullets against the window.

I finish my cereal quickly, throw my bowl and spoon into my already-chocablock sink, and go to get dressed.

Rooting through the mess that is my bedroom, I try to find something to wear. I eventually decide on a Slytherin T-shirt, a pair of black corduroy skinnies and odd socks: a Superman one and a Batman one. Yes, I do like to live dangerously, mwahaha!

Finally, I grab my Party Poison bomber jacket from the end of my bed. I got the jacket for my 18th birthday and I've worn it everywhere since. Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm a HUGE fan of My Chemical Romance? Well, now you know.

I walk mindlessly back out into the hall. At that moment, I hear an ear-splitting crack and I feel the entire building shudder.

"What the-"

Dust rains down on me from the low ceiling. I shake the dust out of my hair and run into the kitchen.

I stand at the window and look out over the city.

The scene outside is chaotic. The howling wind is blowing people over, cars and buses also. I look on in utter horror as I watch screaming crowds running for shelter, cars being abandoned. Distant alarm bells and sirens are screaming, barely audible over the thunder and rain.

I watch as a balcony door from the apartment opposite mine is torn from it's hinges, reduced to splinters by the ferocious wind in a matter of seconds.

I feel my knees go weak as the truth hits me like a tonne of bricks: London is in the middle of a superstorm.

A hurricane.

I realize something else: I live on the top floor of an 18-storey block! Probably the worst place you could possibly be in a situation like this. I silently curse my luck.

Just at that moment, I heard a loud bang and the power went out. The kitchen is plunged into darkness.

What do I do? I start panicking. Getting down to ground level is my top priority right now. The closer to the earth I am, the safer I'll be.

I grab my phone and shove it clumsily into my jeans pocket. Where are my keys? I don't have time to go look for them, especially in the dark, so to hell with that idea. I need to get out!

I dash down the narrow hall and throw open the front door. Not bothering to close the door behind me, I run past the broken lift and sprint down the first flights of stairs three steps at a time.

I'm about halfway to the ground floor when I hear a scream coming from inside one of the apartments on this floor. I don't stop running.

I see the exit down the corridor in front of me, and run to it. Before I reach it, the double doors are torn from the frame by the wind.

I'm hit by the force of the wind and thrown backwards onto the stairs. My back is in agony. I can't get air into my lungs. I struggle to get up, getting constantly battered with flying glass and debris.

Crawling under the stairs, which shielded me from the elements, I put my hands over my ears and cried. My voice is drowned out by the noise of the building slowly being ripped apart around me, and the wind whistling in my ears.

Eventually, I pass out.

* Hi guys! I hope you liked this chapter. If so, please vote and maybe leave a comment? If you're hear for some Danisnotonfire action, don't worry! He'll be coming into the story soon.

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff :)