Typical Teen Romance [6]

So after a long wait, I've finally updated! I am sooo sorry for making you all wait but I had no internet and when I finally got it, I forgot I had writtent this. Buut! I'm going to try and update before Monday again for the loyalest fan ever, just for her birthday(: 

NOW ON WITH THE STORY FOLKS!

-------------

We sat in the center of the field, since there was surprisingly nothing going on at lunch. I picked at the grass and kept quiet, even though Zane was watching me expectantly.

“So are you going to tell me what happened between you and Jeydon?” He questioned.

I gave a small sigh and shrugged slightly, “It’s a silly reason but I got annoyed at him this morning for saying stupid things. I suppose I should apologize to him but…” I trailed off and shrugged again.

Zane chuckled and shook his head. “I think you should too but do what you want. I’m not going to make you do anything.” He leaned back and looked up at the cloudless blue sky. I took this time to study him closely. He had black hair, blue eyes like ice and snake bites; all in all, my type of guy. I smirked to myself thinking what my lovely foster siblings would think of this guy. They’d probably hate you more then they already do. Oh. You’re back. Try as you might, you’ll never get rid of me. I’m in YOUR head, genius. Psh. I can get rid of you, it’s called letting you talk but not actually respond. So you’re gonna give the silent treatment?  I didn’t answer thinking how utterly crazy I’ve turned into. Well then. You’re a jerk, now have fun with boy toy number two. I glared slightly, tempted to yell back that I don’t have any boy toys.

“Uh Marie? Are you glaring at a tree?”

I snapped back to reality when I realized that I must look odd, glaring at nothing. “Sorry, I was having a conversation with myself.” I blinked as he stared at me. “Good goddess, that sounded utterly stupid. I have this weird voice in my head that taunts me all the time.”

“Dude, you should just stop talking. You’re making me think that I need to put you in a mental hospital.” Zane chuckled and smirked at me.

I childishly stuck my tongue out at him, throwing grass at his face. “Shut up, smartass. Anyways, what classes do you have after lunch?”

“Math, art, music, gym, and a free period. What about you?”

I gave a huge smile and answered, “Socials, English, music, gym, and a free period. We have the last 3 blocks together.” I realized that I had all of them with Jeydon and groaned. “I have them all with Jeydon. Why can’t you have socials and English with me too?” I glared playfully at Zane.

He just smiled and stood up, holding out his hand. I placed mine in his as he pulled me up. “You need to make more friends, MM. Then you won’t have to worry about always sitting with him, you’re problem would be solved then too.”

“No you just need to be in all my afternoon classes.” I grabbed his arm and pulled a Sharpie out of my back pocket. “Text me when you’re on your way to music and I’ll save you a seat.” I wrote my number on his arm and smiled just as the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. I gave Zane a quick hug and hurried off to socials, with a small frown.