Stella shook her head. "You guys are horrible."

"Well let's finish our dinner." Seb said walking away.

"Elena, come finish your dinner." Stella called after her daughter.

"I'm coming. I'm changing this stupid dress. Give me a minute." Elena yelled from up the stairs.

"She doesn't seem upset." Victoria said lowly.

"She's never." Jason replied walking with her back to the table. "But trust me. When she really falls in love, she will be upset. And we will know."

****

** Victoria's POV **

"I'm going to see my mother tomorrow." I said as soon as we got in the car. "In the morning. It's easier to talk to her in the morning."

Jason sighed starting the car. "Yeah. I remember you telling me that. Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "I'm just going to be a little late."

"I can go with you if you want, Vicky."

I shook my head. "Don't worry. I'll be fine."

"Just be careful. Remember what happened the last time."

I nodded and rested my head against the window not adding anything.

The last time I went to visit my mom at the psychiatric hospital, she attacked me again showing how she can go from loving to hateful in a matter of seconds.

My mother was mentally unstable. She has been for years. And it has always been just the two of us.
As I grew up, she could go from hugging me to threatening me with a knife.

I knew it had something to do with my father's death. I don't know my dad. My mother said he passed away a couple of months after my birth. She also told me that they started dating in high school, and that he was the only man she ever knew.

****

The next morning, I found myself just standing in front of the building debating if I should go in or just run away.

It's okay. If she tries to hurt me again, I'll take off my heels and run out of the hospital.

I nodded to myself before going in, directly making my way to the front desk.

Once they gave me access, I walked to the elevator feeling nervous with every step I took. Maybe she was just nervous the last time, or maybe I did something that shocked her.

Great! Now I'm the one loosing my mind.

The ding of the elevator snapped me out of my thoughts and the doors opened.
I went to the first door on the right, which was hers, before knocking slowly you.

When I didn't get an answer, I opened the door and walked in.

I found her sitting on the small couch near the window just looking outside. She looked so calm and I know she loved the feeling of the sun against her brown skin. So she always sits there.

She turned her gaze to me as I closed the door behind me.

"Hi mom." I said quietly, not moving.

"Oh. The demon's child came to visit." She said with a soft smile. "How are You, sweetheart?"

I smiled lightly while moving closer. "I'm good mom. But how are you?"

"They say I'm crazy." She said looking back outside. "But we all are. The levels are just not the same, right?"

I nodded with a smile. "Right."

"The demon, your father, was crazier. He was always crazy. And you are too." She continued. "You are the demon's child." She said in a whisper. "But you are so beautiful. Unruly curls that almost never cooperates, deep brown eyes like the demon. Eyes of my nightmares."

She always said that. I knew I must have my father's eyes, since hers were lighter.

I just listened as she spoke. Each words breaking my heart.
But the last time she was a tear coming out of my eyes, she became violent and started screaming herself saying that my tears were burning her.

"You look so much like my little girl. Her name is Victoria. She is such a nice girl. Always bringing good grades. I named her that because she was a princess." She smiled looking at me. "She also looks like the demon. She has his eyes." She said. "Do you know who the demon is?"

It has always been this way. Like she doesn't remember me growing up. She talks about me but doesn't see me as her daughter. Her daughter was still young. To her, Victoria is still a little girl.

The doctor said it was part of her illness, but at least she knows she has a daughter and she talks to me.

"No." I whispered taking a seat in her bed facing her.

"Of course, you don't. But I'll tell you a secret." She whispered grabbing my hand softly. "The demon knew how to love. He knew how to love."

I closed my eyes tight for a second and clenched my teeth not wanting to break down but I couldn't help my eyes watering as I opened them.

She looked into my eyes and a pained expression appeared on her face.

"Sshhh." She ran her thumb over my knuckles softly. "Your tears hurt me, my little flower. You know mommy loves you so much." She whispered.
"Don't cry. Tears make the demon stronger. Stop crying." She said in a harder voice and I nodded blinking a few times.

"You have beautiful hair." She then said with a smile. "I used to arrange my daughter Victoria's hair. They were always all over the place. She used to cry a lot when she couldn't manage them." She explained and I smiled.
"Come here. I'll arrange them for you and make a beautiful braid for you to keep them in place."

I nodded slowly and sat on the carpet in front of her with my back facing her.
She opened a drawer beside the window and took out some pins that were in a box that I bought her.

I sighed lightly and she started slowly going through my curls not to hurt me.

"I wish you could meet Victoria". She whispered. "You would have loved her. She also likes me doing her hair." She said.

I just closed my eyes enjoying the moment.

****

I don't want you to misunderstand things. Vicky's last name is Mendes, not Kyle or Knight. None of two's daughter.