"Now, I want you to make copies of a report the CFO, Sebastian Knight, sent yesterday. Also read all forty pages and correct it. You will find a file with the important numbers of the company and different shipments. Get familiar with all of them. Make a reservation for lunch today at the restaurant that is listed on your new agenda. Call Sensala and let them know that the meeting will be held next week. I'll let you know the details later. Reorganize my schedule for the next three weeks."

She was writing so fast. She just wanted to stretch her fingers.

"This is an armament company. We don't make mistakes. And especially not with the shipments. So always double check everything."

She nodded and hoped it was all he needed for today.

"Since it's your first day. I'm going easy on you. I want this done before lunch." Jason said looking back his computer.

Cindy quickly nodded before standing up and rushing out of the door.

Just as she closed the door, it opened again.

Jason looked up before he narrowed his eyes lightly.

"Don't you know how to knock, asshole."

"Always in a good mood, brother." Sebastian smirked looking at him.
"Was that your new assistant?"

"Yeah."

"It's her first day and you're already killing her." He said.

"It's called work." He huffed. "By the way you sent the report, right?"

"Of course." Sebastian nodded. "Where's Victoria?"

"The signature with Lorell." He muttered.

The younger brother smirked. "The student is growing up. I'm scared she will take my position in a couple of years. Or worst, she won't need you anymore."

Jason glared at him.

"It's a good thing. That was the point of her training."

"At first." Sebastian added. "And I saw Samuel leaving her office today." He said with a wider smirk hunting for expressions on his brother's face.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows suddenly. "Samuel?"

"One of the accountants." He answered. "I'm just saying. She's beautiful. And she's growing up. She not your student anymore. She's an employee and they are allowed to make moves on her."

Jason clenched his jaw glaring at him. "Are you trying to annoy me?"

Sebastian chuckled. "No. I'm just saying. Why? Jealous?"

"No. Protective. And I can be if I want to be. I'm not talking about this with you. Get back to work."

"It's Monday morning. I'm still tired." He sighed.

"After dad made us work like slaves so we would get where we are?" Jason asked looking from his computer.

"Work? The man was mistreating us." Sebastian laughed making Jason smile.

"So we wouldn't end up like Kevin. See? You worked and you got the position he wanted do bad."

"Not the same. The guy was nuts and wanted things easy." He scoffed.

Jason chuckled. "Go back to work."

"Whatever." Sebastian huffed standing up. "See you later."

****

"You are not even asking me if they signed it." Victoria asked at he pulled a chair for her when they reached the restaurant.

"I know they did. Or you wouldn't have that creepy smile on your face." Jason said taking a seat.

She laughed lightly. "My smile is not creepy."

"This one is." He smirked as a waiter came to give them the cards.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Yes they signed it. Not that I was going to let them leave if they didn't."

Jason laughed lightly. "That's my girl."

The waiter came back and they both ordered their food.

"One of the accountants was in your office today."

"Samuel?" She looked at him confused. "Yeah. He is nice."

"Don't forget what I told you about distractions. You assured me that you will just focus on your career." He said firmly.

"I know. We were just talking. He wanted to see how I was doing."

"Hmmm."

She thought for a second before looking at him.

"But you said that while I was still learning. But I'm done and working now." She said and he paused.

"Why? Are you interested in someone?" He asked in a cold tone.

Yes.

You.

"N- No. But-"

"Then stay focused until it comes."

"But if I was to date someone, it wouldn't be a problem."

He sighed before looking directly at her. "We'll see when the time comes."

She couldn't understand that. Sometimes, he sounded jealous. But he couldn't be, right. It's not like he liked her like that.
Or maybe he was just protective.

Yeah.

Must be that. He was her mentor after all.