2

A few days passed since the incident, Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley took care of the problem. Well the problem wasn't entirely fixed but it was sorta pushed back. The soldiers were doing everything in their power to make sure the undead were well dead. On top of that with doing so they needed to clear the canal most likely everyday.

I knew of this because, I took a trip to the base everyday when I wasn't busy. Here I was once again, since I came here everyday no one really acknowledged me but they knew who I was. Tugging on the reins a few times, I guided Henry to the edge. Henry was a white stallion that was given to me for my 16th birthday and till this day we were quite inseparable.

Swinging my legs over to the side I slid off of him and peered over the side. Henry nudged me with his head almost as if he was telling me to be careful. Patting his head I reassured him I would be careful but either way he stood by my side. Peering over the side, I saw a bunch of the undead take notice of me and start clawing at the earth above them as if they were trying to climb the wall.

"I would be careful," a firm voice said startling me.

I was so close to the edge the ground beneath me gave out and I could feel myself begin to fall. Frailing my arms trying to regain my balance, just then a firm hand grabbed me by my hand yanking me up and pulling me towards his body.

"Are you alright Ms.Michaelson?"

I know that voice, I thought to myself looking up. None other was it the stoic Mr. Darcy. Pushing myself away from him I quickly bowed my head in embarrassment.

"Um yes Mr. Darcy thank you."

"What is your business here? If you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all, I just like to check up on how the camp is doing and tend to the wounded/ill soldiers."

"Ms. Michaelson you may look at me when you speak to me, your more than just a servant to the Bennets." With his permission I look up and share a small smile.

"I only ask this of you because I couldn't help but take note of your numerous visitations."

"Well um I suppose I better get back, I'm truly grateful for your assistance Mr. Darcy." I climb up on Henry and nod my head in farewell for the time being.

"Just a minute Ms. Michaelson," he says just as I grab the reins. I look at him my face clearly questioning him.

"How is it you've become so acquainted with the Bennets?"

"My family has served the Bennets for many, many years. But more like personal aids and protectors. Throughout the years our relationship has grown so my family name is well acquainted with them."

"So you've known the Bennets for how long?"

"Personally I've grown up with the sisters and their childhood friend Charlotte Lucas. So naturally since birth I was trained beside them in China to protect and serve them."

"What about your parents?" I blinked and stayed quiet for a moment and he noticed my hesitation.

"You have no need to answer if you wish not to." I shook my head and sighed.

"My parents died when I was six, that was during the time the hordes were really bad in these parts. But still the only thing that mattered was to protect the Bennets and I of course. Since then Mr and Mrs. Bennet took me in as their own and raised me that's why the sisters and I are so close their basically my second family."

"No other family to hold your name?"

"No sir I am an only child."

"The sisters care for you as much as you care for them like I told Elizabeth Bennet who has taught me so much I'll tell you the same. Of all the weapons I've come to know, love happens to be the most dangerous weapon of all."

"Love is the thing that will kill us and yet save us at the same time Mr. Darcy. But love is something you musten underestimate, it will always be there to find its way in. I must go now." I turn the reins and Henry takes off back towards Lady Catherine Estates.

Back at the estates I put Henry back in his stall and fed him. Just then Elizabeth comes into the shed and closes the doors. Looking up she walks up to me and I pick up a brush and begin brushing his mane.

"Hello Lizzie is something the matter?"

"Rene I must tell you something that you must keep a secret for a bit." I turn my attention to her and toss the brush aside, walking over to her taking her hand.

"What is it liz?" Her eyes began to water and she looked so frightened.

This was so unlike her, Elizabeth Bennet, well now Mrs. Darcy was the hard headed sister, the determined one. The only time I saw her cry was when she thought Mr. Darcy was among the ranks of the undead. Tears fell from her eyes, streaming down her face, the words she whispered next shocked me.

"I'm pregnant."