One

I smile as I hear the intro of a song I wrote for someone I love deeply. It's called "be my baby", and as my eyes scan the audience, I freeze when I see him. The one I wrote it for. His back is turned towards me. I know nothing about him. The only thing I know is that he has these amazing, sharp hazel eyes. He has dyed black hair. He seems to have gotten a haircut since the last time I saw him... The song has got to the part where the lyrics start, and I sing the words, while strumming the chords on my white Les Paul guitar named "Pansy". I close my eyes and pour my heart in the song, giving it my all.

When the song ends and the next band or artist is announced, I walk off the stage, Pansy hanging over my shoulder by its strap. I walk to the bar to get myself a coke. I wish I chose to walk to the band slam's venue, so I could get a beer. I pay for the drink and take the glass from the bartender with a shy "thank you". As I sip the drink gingerly, I see a shadow walking up towards me from the corner of my eye. "Wow" I thought to myself "this is a really good band..." I make my way to the stage to ask their name as soon as they come off of it, but someone gently touches my shoulder, a touch so gentle it made me stop dead in my tracks. I turn around, just to look into the sharp hazel eyes I'd been seeing months prior. As he clears his throat and introduces himself as Gerard Way, I realise I'd never heard him speak before. A shy smile spreads on my face and I offer him my hand to shake. "I'm Frank Iero. Nice to meet you, Gerard." He takes the hand gladly and pulls me in for a hug immediately.

"I'm sorry," Gerard mumbles, "I'm a hugger. I like hugging attractive people." a slight blush spreads across my face upon hearing his compliment. He then continues. "That was quite a performance you put up on the stage. Did you write that song yourself?" I nod excitedly, happy he likes my music. "Do you mind me asking who you wrote it for?" he then asks, adding a cheeky smile. Well. Shit. 

"Oh you know. Just someone I wish I'd met sooner than I actually did." I reply to him. He gives me a weak smile and turns his head as his name is called. I can't hear what or who it is, but he turns back to me and hurriedly says "My apologies, but I have to go. My brother is very apparently incredibly bored. Can I give you my number?" He asks me while pulling out a sharpie from the pocket of his jeans. I hadn't check his outfit yet, so I skim it quickly. He's wearing black skinny jeans with the occasional rip in it, black worn out converse sneakers, a David Bowie top from the Aladdin Sane era and a washed out black denim jacket with several buttons on it. I nod and stretch my arm so he can write his number on it. When he's done he adds a "xoxo G" and then says "Hit me up when you're bored and want to meet up for a coffee."

"Will do, Gerard." He winks and walks away. I watch him as he leaves the building, his arm around a boy around my age, probably his younger brother, and I feel Pansy growing heavier on my shoulder. It is getting kind of late, I have to work tomorrow and I desperately don't want to be that kind of person that's late on the first day. I make my way to my studio apartment in my crappy car. Once I'm inside, I put Pansy, now safely in its case, in a corner of the room, sit down onto the ratty couch and flip my outdated phone out of my pocket. I add Gerard's phone number as "Gerard xø" and compose a text.

"Heya Gerard, xøfrnk". Send. I wanted to sit around and wait for him to reply, but instead I set my alarm, connected the charger and put my phone on flight mode. I strip down to my boxers, carefully fold what's clean and put whatever is dirty into the laundry bin and make my way to my designated bedroom area. That's the only issue I have with a studio apartment. If the bedroom's a mess, the entire apartment is an absolute mess. As I let myself fall into the bed and pull the duvet up to my chin, I start thinking about tonight's events.