Why are we here?

hi guys thanks for reading. sorry it took me ages to update. I tried to make it long as I got a request for longer chapters in the comments. remember to comment and vote.

Alyssa's POV:

We sit in the van for what seems like hours but can't be more than 1 hour. Eventually the van slams to a stop throwing us to the back of the van. You'd think there would be seats but we are just in a huge empty space at the back.

The doors are pulled open and the three men stand there.

"Come on then" the one with the rose says.

I grip Tags hand tightly and we step out. A man immediately grabs our shoulders and marches us inside of a huge building.

We enter a hall with a few other terrified looking kids inside.

On the walls are posters saying,

The hunger games. The year that would be the 100th quarter quell. This years twist. Nobody apart from game makers and tributes are aware until the opening ceremony, and all victor's children, no matter what age, must compete.

I read the posters again and again and I shake my head. This cannot be happening.

Wait, so this man who looks like the dead president snow, could actually be a relative.

Once Elise and Jacob are inside, he stands in front of us all, and starts speaking.

"As you may know, I am the grandson of the amazing president Coriolanus Snow. I will be running this years hunger games and your game makers are Capitol citizens who still agree with the idea of the hunger games.

We all stare at him gobsmacked. I can't believe it.

He carries on, saying "you shall have no mentors this year, but will have interviews and an opening ceremony.

Can't take all the fun away now can we?

FUN? What Fun? how on earth is this supposed to be at all fun?

I look around me and see Layna and Riegan along with someone who looks like Finnick Odair. We walk over to them and hug them.

They kidnapped you too? I ask, already suspecting the answer.

"Yes" confirms Layna.

"This is Finn Odair" says Riegan.

I shake his hand. "You look a lot like your father" I say, remembering the picture of Finnick in the big book.

"So they say" he grins.

I decide immediately that I like him. He would be a good ally if we really are to enter an arena.

There are 26 kids here, and quite a few adults. Cecilia's three kids. The ones I saw looking at her gravestone.

I don't know who took them bit there must have been many people on kidnapping duty.

I see president Snow's grandson, president Snow Jr Jr, talking to another man and his snake eyes flicker across the room. They land on me and I shakily look away.

Soon they escort us to different floors and me, Tag, Elise, Jacob, Layna, Roegan and Finn are taken to the top floor. We are not separated by district. Just randomly.

Suddenly I realise that Elise and Jacob are not victors kids. I question them about it.

"We are victors grand kids" says Elise. "Our grandparents died in the 75th quarter quell. No idea what their names were though" she adds.

I guess that means we are all in this together then.

We find two rooms so the boys choose a room and us girls enter the other one. Ha, they have to share between 4, there's only 3 of us girls.

We enter the room and I immediately recognise it from a photograph, in the big book. This was mothers room. Wow it's amazing, the window zooms in in different parts if the city, on command. and the shower in the en suite bathroom, has hundreds if not thousands of commands.

Suddenly I remember why we are here though, and am worried, because how a bunch of kids are going to kill fully grown adults, I have no idea.

I find out from Layna, that Finn is 16, and strong.

Okay so Jacob and Tag are 8, me and Elise are 12, nearly 13, Layna is in fact 13, whilst Riegan is 14 and Finn is 16. We have a wide age range between us then.

We head straight to the living room and meet up with the boys before starting to plan for the horrific weeks awaiting us. Tag and Jacob don't know about the hunger games apart from the school basics, so they are confused, but still scared.

The rest of us realise how bad it is that we have no mentor and start planning immediately.

We have no time to waste, our lives depend on this, quite literally.

We find out that Riegan and Finn are strong, whilst I take after my mother and know about edible plants, whilst being quite good with a how and arrow. I'm no where near as good as her though. I decide to practice in training though, if we get to train that is.

Layna, like johanna, can swing an axe okay, though lacks some of the required strength. She would be nothing without one if the boys.

Elise knows about food and can cook meat quite well though that isn't much of a help. Riegan plans to show her how to use a sword.

None of us know what to do about the youngest boys. It will weaken the group, having to care for them. But we must look after them, it is our duty.

We carry on discussing, about allies, strategies, anything useful that comes to mind really.

Eventually it is tea time and we eat as much as our stomachs can hold. Straight after, we head to bed, as we will most definitely need our rest.

Hi guys. What do you think of the twist. Please leave your opinions and ideas in the comments section. I saw that I now have 100 readers. Thank you so much guys. I love you all xxx