2.0

One Month Before The Wedding

Time had passed and things had not gotten any easier for the younger Swan sister. She spent most of her time at the Reservation with Jacob, trying to get out of the house as much as possible and away from Bella.

Jacob was always there for her when she needed him. Though, almost every time she went over there, he saw her upset. She had to stop him from driving into Forks and giving her sister a piece of his mind every single time. He was having a harder time accepting this than she was and more often than not, it usually ended in some form of argument between them. For two months now, it was the same argument over and over again, and Kate was getting sick of it.

"She can't do this to you, Kate! You're her sister!"

Kate lay on Jacob's bed causing a soccer ball to float up in the air above her face. The ball went around and around in circles just floating. Jacob was furious with Bella but Kate asked him not to say anything to her about it.

"It's her wedding, Jacob and she is."

"It's bullshit."

Kate sighed, "To be fair, I've been kind of a bitch about this."

"No you haven't! Dammit, stop being the victim and fight for this! Stop pretending not to care."

Kate let the ball down and she sat up to face him.

"Me? The victim. Let's see... who's the one who is always charging in head first to fix things?Things that Bella screws up? Me! I'm the one who never complains and always tries to make things right while she cries in the corner. And fuck you of course I care! Don't you think that I want to be at my own sister's wedding? "

"Look, she's my best friend and I want to support her but she always treats you like shit and I'm not okay with that," he practically shouted.

"You don't have to be!"

"Of course do! I fucking love you! Seeing you like this kills me and it's all her fault. She puts up with those bloodsuckers and that's okay but being nice to her sister would practically kill her..."

Kate got up and started making her way to the door, "I can't have this same damn conversation again."

She made her way out of the house to her Jeep and she could hear Jacob's footsteps behind her.

"So you're just going to lie down and accept this?" he shouted.

Kate spun around with fury in her eyes and shouted back, "Yes! Because that's what good sisters do. So what if she's not? I do what I do for my sister, I always have! And if that makes me a fucking idiot or a martyr then okay! But I will not have anyone, least of all you, tell me what I can and can not do. I'm not going to go to Bella crawling on my knees and beg to go to the stupid ass wedding."

"Don't pretend you don't want to go!"

"Of course I want to go, that's not the fucking point! If she doesn't get her head out of her ass, I'm not going. And if you don't get your head out of yours, you won't have a girlfriend much longer."

With that, Kate got in her car, slammed the door and drove away leaving Jacob there staring after her. As she drove away, she looked into her rearview mirror and saw him slam his fist into a nearby tree. The imprint bond was burning in her chest. It felt like someone had slammed their hand into her chest and was clenching her heart. To say that it was painful, would be an understatement.