Chapter 9 - Not One Thing We Could Do

Dimitri carries me back home and by the time we're back into my room, I'm so sleepy that I've almost fallen asleep in his arms. I open my eyes as soon as he lays me down onto my bed. I smile at him and wrap my arms around is neck, not wanting him to leave me yet.

Dimitri leans down and presses soft, gentle kisses against my bruised lips. "You're going to feel really sore in the morning Sweetheart." He whispers against my ear and I smile knowing full well how sore I'd be. I didn't care. I liked being sore knowing Dimitri did it to me.

"Can you stay with me?" I whispered and Dimitri gave me a small, sad smile.

"You know I can't Izzie baby. I'm sorry." He says before leaning down and pressing a lingering kiss against my forehead. He then leans down, presses one last kiss against my lips and moves. "Sweet dreams baby." He whispers before he's gone and it almost feels as if he was never here. But the soreness against my core and the remembrance of his lips against mine, proves he was.

******

I was locked up in a jail-cell type room with iron bars locking me in. I kept trying my hardest to push against the door, screaming for Dimitri to come save me. I knew if I didn't get out of there in time something bad would happen.

"Dimitri! Where are you?" I screamed loudly until I heard laughter causing me to quieten down.

"Dimitri's gone Isabella. He's not coming for you." The voice chuckles and I shiver in fear, tears of frustration filling up my eyes.

"Yes he is! I know he is! He always comes no matter how late he is!" I screamed in anger causing the voice to laugh even more.

"Forget him, Isabella. He's never going to come for you. He hates you, in case you forgot." The voice speaks in amusement causing me to angrily bang my hands against the bars, wincing as pain shot through my hands. Tears slid down my face as I remembered the way Dimitri looked down at me the last time I saw him. The emptiness in his eyes, all trace of love gone from his features. Only hatred, in the way he scowled, the way his hands trembled in rage.

"No." I whispered dejectedly. "He'll come for me." I spoke as I slid down to the ground.

"If that's the only thing that'll keep you going, then sure, he'll definitely come for you." The voice spoke in pure amusement before I heard footsteps retreating away. I was left all alone in the dark as I buried my face in my hands. I knew Dimitri wasn't coming for me. He'd never come for me again. I ruined everything and I deserved this torture.

I broke into sobs as I buried my head in my lap.

****
I instantly woke up the next morning from my horrible dream. My heart was beating fast, my skin wet with tears. I wrapped the blanket around my body, shivering in the early morning cold. Why was I having dreams like this? Why was Dimitri having dreams like this too?

Did they mean something? I mean dreams were how we met, and all our dreams came true in the past. I was scared for my life now. These dreams couldn't come true, they were horrible. They can't. I'd die if I ever lost Dimitri.

I quickly took a shower and went downstairs for breakfast. My mom made us all pancakes for breakfast which she usually did on weekends. I sat down quietly and ate them in silence while the rest of my family talked to each other. I couldn't bring myself to join in on the conversation with them, my dreams still taking over my thoughts. Saying I was worried was a great understatement.