"Guilty," I heard and out of a dark corner stepped the man from the painting. 

He was dressed in a suit and tie with slicked, jet black hair, and a clean-shaven face. His vessel was probably around twenty fives years old. 

"I've never had such a pleasure," I said.

"Oh, you're too kind, "He answered and then began to laugh. "I'm just kidding, you're right. Not even Lucifer can match up to me, Pride, the best of the best."

He paused for a moment and noticed Dawson beside me.

"But, enough about me... although it pains me to say this... I've heard so much about you."

"You have?" I asked confused. I glanced at Dawson wearily. "How so?" 

"Oh, you don't know? You are big news down here, girl. Nothing this exciting has happened since... well... ever."

"What exacly are you talking about?"

"You're defying the rules... most don't have the guts. Do you really think everyone in Hell has the pleasure of meeting Lucifer, I, myself, have only met him in passing a few times. Although, that doesn't say much does it?"

"Dawson, what is he talking about?" I said. 

"Demons like gossip too, Claire, and you're our hot new topic. Some are even betting on if you'll make it or not."

"I thought all demons wanted to stop me though?"

"No, most are too lazy to even care... my brother's doing, only close relationships with Lucifer usually care when things are getting out of place," Pride said. He glanced at Dawson again, but I didn't have time to see why.

 "How many of those are there?"

"Millions."

"Millions that just follow Lucifer?"

"There's more of us than there is of you. Lucifer's choice. Seeing as how he despises your race and all."

"Do you follow Lucifer?" I asked causiously.

Pride began to pace.

"Now that's a tricky question, only because I don't really care about anyone else. I will always be the best and I will always be better than Lucifer. But seeing as to how some of my brothers have been murdered by you and that thing next to you, I suppose I should be obligated to avenge them."

"So, are you going to kill us?" I said. I looked at Dawson, who had his piercing stare aimed at Pride.

"Oh, me, goodness no!" Pride said. "I am too above that, but my dogs gladly will help me out."

"Dogs?"

Pride whistled and two dogs came out from the shadows Pride had and stood at his side. They weren't exactly dogs, more like wolves with thick white and gray hair both caked in blood and jaws snapping. 

"Some books call them Hellhounds," Pride said.

"Dawson, what do we do?"

"Don't worry!" He reasurred me. "Remember, I have the gun." 

 "Do you mean this one?" Pride said, holding up the gun.

Dawson gripped at his pockets, "How did you...?"

Pride shrugged, "I'm Pride, I can do anything."

This is when one should begin to panick.

"Get 'em boys!" Pride said.

The dogs snarled loudly and began to charge towards us. Dawson and I ran to the door, which, of course, refused to open.

"Fuck!" I screamed. "We have to get that gun!"

I looked at Dawson.

"Dawson, what are we going to do?" I said. I could just feel the tears stinging in my eyes.

"I-I-"

"Dawson please!"

The dogs were coming closer, we had seconds left before we were going to be their chew toys.

"I don't know what to do!"

We had no time left. We were going to be finished. It was over. We had lost.

I kicked the door fiercly.

One of the dogs bit my leg and I screamed out in pain as I gripped to Dawson's arm. He shook me off.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled as he began to run away.

The other dog caught up to the first and grabbed onto my second leg. Their long fangs dug deep into my ankles and I could feel the warm blood being licked up onto their tongues. 

"Please, God, please, God..."

They began to drag me  into the dark and I caught a glimps of laughing Pride before Dawson came up behind him, stole the gun, and shot his head. 

My eyes were covered in dark and one of the dogs scratched my chest. The blood spurt out of the open wound and I cried out, gritting my teeth through the pain. 

Two loud shots were made and I heard the bodies of the dogs fall over on the ground. 

I gripped my chest and I crawled on the floor into the light.