The Day Is Finally Here

Start from the beginning

Joe's POV

I had an hour almost before I'd be at my spot at the end of the aisle, as I watched the love of my life walk down to me, and took her hand in mine. She had sent me a text back earlier when I told her I loved her, saying she loved me as well and would be mine soon. I sat here in the room with my groomsmen and my best man, smiling as we finished up a light breakfast and talking shit to one another like always. Phil, Jon, Colby and my brother Matt; the wrecking crew as my dad so lovingly called us last night, and the four guys besides my family I trusted with my life. I knew my cousins Jon and Joshua where ushers, that my entire Samoan family had flown in for the wedding, most of our WWE family was here minus the McMahons, Drew, and the crew who put the stage and lights up. Besides that Esme's parents, and Kylie's parents as they loved Esme as well, and my parents. I finished my coffee, brushed my teeth, then hopped into the shower to get around seeing as everyone else was done and getting dressed. I finished, dried my hair enough to be almost dry then put some mousse in it to hold and stay nice in its ponytail, the got dressed in my white tuxedo, with purple cummerbund and bowtie.

I walked out to find my friends opening a bottle of tequila courtesy of Dwayne who was in the room, and shook my head as they handed me a shot and we all took it. "Cousin, brother, I'm glad to see you've finally found your soul mate and today you're making her an honest woman. Esme is special in so many ways, keep that fire burning in her, and love her with all you have. To today, tomorrow and the years to come, salud," Dwayne said as we took another shot and I felt the burn in my chest.

"I wanna say thank you to you guys for being here today with me, especially to you two Jon and Colby. My brothers in the ring and out, you've helped me build up this career and this life I love over the last three years from NXT to now. To Phil, you've been instrumental in Esme's development from a rookie to the Diva she is today, you've also been her mentor and best friend in her darkest hours along with your beautiful wife. To my brother Matt and my cousin Dwayne, Aiga e fa'avavau," I said as we took one last shot of tequila and I put my glass down cause I knew I was done.

We all hugged and soon heard the horn of the limo taking us to my parents house, as I hugged my dad who came in and handed us all mouth mints from the tequila. "Boy, don't let your mom know you've been drinking already, she'll shot us all," he joked as we headed out.

The drive was quick, and I saw that people had been seated and were listening to Samoan music playing, in fact Esme had agreed to walking down the side to "Jamoa Jam" a traditional Samoan wedding song. She wanted to blend perfectly the two cultures together today, we wore flowers from Samoa on our lapels instead of around our necks, and she was carrying a bouquet of calla lilies and purple roses, while her bridesmaids carried roses of white. I walked down the aisle greeting people as I went down, hugging family, and came to the end where I greeted the priest and got situated. My groomsmen had gone up to the house to meet up with the girls, and soon I heard the music change to the traditional American wedding march, as the procession began and I felt my chest tightening. My dad escorted my mom and Esme's first, as I felt tears sting my eyes, the two matriarchs looked amazing in their dresses and matching hair combs from me. Both women came to me and kissed my cheeks, as they settled in on opposite sides of the aisle and my dad say down next to my mom.

Phil and Kylie walked down, the poor thing was still barely showing with the baby, but she was glowing as they came down the aisle. Jon and Nikki followed, with Colby and Brie, and Matt followed lastly with Trinity as all the party got in their places and I turned my attention back to the end of the aisle. The music changed to the Samoan march and as I stood there waiting, time seemed to stand still, until I saw her coming around the corner and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. My God she looked beautiful, the dress seemed made for her, and as I watched my princess walking to me, I felt a tear escape my eye suddenly. She was finally going to be mine, forever, and I knew I couldn't ask for more than that.