Time

Joe's POV

It's been almost a month since I caught Esme having sex with Galloway on their bus, I haven't taken her calls, answered her text messages or even asked any of the road crew about her. I'm due to fly home to Florida in three days seeing as I cancelled our getaway due to circumstances, to clear my head and try to see what I wanted. I'd watched her matches on Smackdown and could see her heart wasn't in it, could tell she'd lost even more weight by the way her eyes sunk in slightly and her clothes seemed loose. We had two weeks before Phil and Kylie's wedding to which we were supposed to escort one another to, but I didn't think that would work now. I knew from Phil that Kylie couldn't get her to open up about anything, but had found out she'd started driving herself to different cities and staying in hotels instead, keeping to herself as much as possible. I'd talked to Stuart a few days before and found out that he no longer shared a bus with Drew but with Christian and Khali, while Drew share with Slater and Mahal.

I honestly didn't care but it worried me that Esme drove herself everywhere, had even taken the time to fly home to get her Civic she barely drove, and now was on the road alone. I'm not sure I could forgive her yet considering the image of her having another man inside her wasn't a pleasant one, that I seemed to keep remembering vividly. I sat here on the bus ride to Florida with Colby lost in my thoughts unless he somehow managed to pull me from them, I wanted to call her and see if she was okay, but my pride had me stopping myself more often than not. I'd never cheated on her, never even thought to, and she'd had sex with her ex twice under my very nose basically. This week away in Florida was going to be much needed and I'd have plenty of time to myself with the sea and my thoughts.

Stuart's POV

I hated to see my two best friends so down and depressed, though it seemed to me like Drew was handling everything better than Es was, she'd almost become a shadow of the woman we'd all grown to adore. I'd see her every show, getting one of the seamstress' to make her costumes fit correctly because she kept losing weight. I can't remember the last time I saw her eat an actual meal, it made my heart hurt to know this had affected her so much. Joe had told me everything, Drew had reiterated it along with taking most of the blame, but it seemed like Esme was taking the full brunt of the incident and letting it slowly eat at her. Like right now, she was sitting in catering with her head on her arms fast asleep, a half eaten apple and a empty juice next to her, as I came to sit next to her and shook her softly. I pulled my hand back fast because her shoulder felt so fragile and tiny, I knew I had to go say something to someone before our midst talented diva withered away to nothing.

I found Paul and Stephanie who immediately came to check out everything after I gave them an abbreviated version of the last few weeks, and Paul picked her up in his arms as we realized she'd actually lost consciousness and was barely breathing. "Stu call John and tell him to get his ass here now, Raw is just down the road, and he's the only person who's ever been able to get through to her."

"Paul you do remember she told him to buzz off basically a few months back because of the stalking issue?" I asked as he continued to walk with Esme lifeless in his arms and sighed because he'd forgotten.

"Shit, and after everything with Drew and Joe I can't ask either one of them to come on, you and Stephen need to come on to the hospital. I know she trusts the two of you if nothing else, because I have to come back and run the show," he told me as I sent a text to Stephen to meet us at the local hospital and I'd explain when he got there.

Thankfully the ride was short as I drove the three minute drive to a local emergency room, Paul jumped out and rushed in as I parked. Time stood still as I handed Paul the keys to the car, and proceeded to tell the nurses on duty about what had happened, as they rushed her off to a private room. Stephen came in a few minutes after us in his street clothes, a questioning look on his face, as Paul left and I told him what was going on.