Question For The Elders

Victoria had returned to her families small enclave like home. Their uncle escorting them in silence, allowing the triad to discuss the evenings events themselves.

Their uncle, though humble and brave and unmoving, seemed quite the opposite since the chaos. His demeanor changing to one of questioning, of uncertainty.

The questioning and uncertainty Tori's own siblings discussed just a few nights prior.

Had Victoria been-

He brushed off the thought like Vivian had. For the chance that his youngest niece possessed such abilities, well it would be nearly impossible. Those sort of abilities required real strength and understanding towards the beasts, abilities rarely seen in female Slayers.

He would glance at the twins from time to time during the stroll to their home. Debating the idea in his mind.

Perhaps Victor possessed the abilities? He couldn't, the Wise did not have the amount of strength needed for such. . .

Could the abilities be spread throughout the twins? Victor had the understanding of the beasts memorized years ago, and in time, perhaps Victoria could muster the strength required to be that Slayer. Granted she live long enough to be able to become that strong.

The latter of the ideas seemed much more plausible. 

"Uncle, are you alright?" Vivian, she had trailed behind her siblings when she noticed her uncle's dazed appearance.

He blinked for a moment, pulling himself from his thoughts before at last shaking his head. "I'm perfectly alright dear." He offered her a small smile.

Vivian merely sighed. "You're a horrible liar, just like father. Is something wrong?"

Verik debated discussing such a forgotten thing with his niece, though perhaps it did not matter. He asked. "N- Vivian, do you think your sister. . .?" 

Even without finishing the sentence, Vivian knew, quickly hushing herself. "I-I thought about it. Victor and I both, in fact, Victor is the one who brought the idea to my attention.  I'm still a little weary on the idea though."

"I love your sister, though it does seem rather unlikely." He slowed the pairs pace, allowing for more space between all of them.

"After tonight, I'm not sure. Other female Slayers would have died. . .and uncle. She injured a dragon far more than what previous females have. She might-"

"Do not get your hopes get Vivian. We won't know for some time. We'll have to wait this out."

Vivian stopped. "The Elders. . ." She mumbled before gripping her uncle's shoulders. "'The Elders, they'll know. The Elders know all." 

"Vivian, don't get any ideas. Please." He sighed, turning away from her and towards the twins. 

Despite his plea, the moment he had turned around she had decided on her idea. And with that she left towards The Elders and their quarters.