11

Will they be nice?" Troye asked as he watched Jacob pick out clothes for him. They were going to a place today so that a judge could ask Troye questions. Jacob said that the questions would not be hard for Troye to answer but he was still nervous. He didn't really want to go because...because they were going to ask about his mommy and daddy and he didn't want to see them.

"Yea the judge will be nice and I'll be in the hall, I don't know if I'm allowed to go into the room with you" Jacob said handing Troye a pair of dress pants and a button up shirt.

"No...Jacob." Troye said trying to understand what Jacob was telling him

"I'm not sure love but I'm going to be with you in the car and I'll walk in with you" Jacob said "take your shirt off" Jacob continued as he turned around to take button up shirt off the hanger. Troye listened and quickly grabbed the hem of his shirt a pulled it off his body.

Jacob helped him slide his shirt on as fast as he could, not even giving Troye the chance to try the buttons because Jacob didn't like looking at Troye's bruised and beaten skin for long. Troye giggled as Jacob buttoned the top button. "tickles" Troye said wigging out of Jacob's grasp.

"Okay Troye you stay here and don't touch anything because you can't get dirty in your white shirt, I'm going to the bathroom" Jacob said closing the door behind him. Normally Jacob would have left the door open and let Troye wander if he wanted. But Jacob shut it this time to keep Troye in the room, he was still fearful of opening closed doors.

Jacob came back into the room dressed in an outfit similar to Troye's. Troye was sitting on his bed pretending to talk to Teddy when Jacob came into the room. He tossed the stuffie aside and bounced over to Jacob "you look pretty" Troye said

Jacob smiled and fixed his hair in the mirror "Thank you love...you look handsome too" he said

"okay Troye boy... today is gonna be kinda hard, but you have to be a big brave boy for me today, okay?" Jacob said "You need to be on your very best behavior and listen to the judge. You have to be a good boy and answer his questions"

"I'm a good boy" Troye smiled

"Yes that's right, but did you hear my other words?" Jacob asked "what else did I say?"

Troye sighed "Um...and I have to answer questions and and be on my bestest behavior"

"very good" Jacob said, running his fingers though Troye's hair "now we are going to get in the car and dive to the place where the judge is"

"In...the car" Troye said "I've never been in one of those!" he shouted

Jacob giggled "you were in one to get here from the hospital...but yes it's been a long time since you were in a car"

"does it go fast?" Troye asked as Jacob led him down the stairs "kinda but not really, its going to be okay...Lilly is going to drive and Ms. Nef will be next to her and we will sit in the back seat" Jacob said

Eventually they all climbed into the car and Troye sat on the very edge of the back seat gripping onto the cloth with his nails "no thank you" he said as Jacob pushed him back slightly in order to buckle him in.

"Troye its okay, I'm gonna sit right next to you but I need buckle you in first because this keeps you safe" Jacob said

"Buckle? keeps...me safe" Troye said

Jacob smiled and nodded, stretching the belt over Troye and clicking it in place. Jacob buckled himself in and Lilly started the car and pulled out on the road. Troye gripped onto the seat and looked out the window.