CHAPTER ONE; UH OH

AS SOON AS the thought of magic truly existing occurred, Sam hurried around his room to find a backpack. Looking through his closest, rearranging his grandfather's newest taxidermy creation, he found an old backpack.

"I hate taxidermy," Sam mutters to himself as he rushes to place the spell book inside of the bag. He zips it up and rushes downstairs, before being confronted by his mother.

"Sam, where are you going, sweetie?" His mother questions with a hand on her hip. The fashion disaster didn't need this, he had a mission!

"I'm going to hangout with Alan and Edgar. They needed my help, uh...the comic book shop has a lot customers and they need help managing." Sam says half truthfully, hoping his mother would let him off the hook. The comic book shop was never crowded, but he needed a valid excuse to ride his bike down to the boardwalk.

"At this hour? Hun, maybe you should wake up Michael and ask him to take you down there." Lucy responds, it might've been overbearing, but she was concern for her youngest son.

She didn't want him wandering around the boardwalk alone, especially when Santa Carla has so many missing people reports.

"He'll never wake up! He's good as dead!" Sam complains, which caused his mother to frown and let out a small sigh.

Sam felt bad, while it was reliving that they're out of Phoenix and away from their father, he knew that the adjusting to their new lifestyle was still tough.

"I know your brother has been acting odd lately, and I believe he's just been having a harder time adjusting to change. Just tell him that I told you that he HAS to take you down to the boardwalk, okay?" Lucy states, finalizing her decision before hurrying back to the living room to retrieve her purse off the couch. She was already late to work.

Sam sighed, but trudged upstairs to his brother's room. He knocked on the door a few times before being greeted with silence, and decides to slowly open the door. Michael laid on his bed with last night's clothes on and sunglasses adorning his face. The Sun was slowly setting and anytime now Michael would've woken up by himself.

"Jeez Mike, at least change out of your clothes," Sam mumbles, poking his brother and pushing him softly to wake him up. After a few moments, Sam groans because Michael isn't budging. Abandoning his old tactic, Sam walks towards Michael's window and opens the shutters, allowing orange glow of the light to leak into the room and disrupt sleeping beauty's sleep.

Michael sleepily groans, "Sam, what do you want?"

Finally!

"Mom says you HAVE to bring me down to the boardwalk." Sam explains, empathizing on his words. Time was running out, what if Sam released something horrible? What if he opened a portal to DC universe and Darkseid comes out?

There's no Justice League to save them here!

"Aren't you old enough to go by yourself?" Michael grumpily questions, slowly sitting up on his bed. Lately, Michael has been acting more moody and aggressive.

"I thought so too, but mom doesn't! Now hurry up, I have places to be!" Sam urges as he becomes more annoyed with his brother.

I mean, this could be life and death and here's Michael sitting here, dozing off like a doofus!

About twenty minutes later, after struggling with Michael and his mood swings, he made it! He was finally walking into the Frog's store, and Edgar notices him first.

"Need help with anything, Phoenix?" Edgar asks, referring Sam as Phoenix because of his hometown.

Alan is restocking comics, some of them Sam already has. He's been waiting for the new Superman comic to come out, but that's not the issue right now.