My Boss, My Friend, My Omerta

September 23, 1941

Tuesday

"You can never trust a guy, huh?"

Being in a group with no contact involving cops,

"We'll, I DID NOTHIN' WRONG!"

No contact with other rival factions,

"PLEASE! LET ME TELL MY SIDE!"

Or anyone else.....

"C'mon...please...let me tell what really happened with that guy's death. Please Tony, I beg-" BANG

Well...that's my life. As a right hand man for the Don.

"Jeez, won't this guy ever shut up! Am I right Tony?"

"Yeah Cosa. What a fat fuck."

"Where do ya think we should dump him?"

"The lake, lotsa space no trace."

"Sounds good, let's dump him there and the fish would do the rest."

"By the way, should we tell the boss about the hit?"

"Nah. I'm pretty sure he knows already."

"Alright, lets head back."

You may think I live an easy life, but to be honest, its alota work. Even for a Consiglere. And I'm practically tired of it, I've been here since 1933. Either way I got no way out. I joined this mafia during prohibition in Firenze. Cosa, the Don's underboss got me in. We knew each other during our youth, so it was easy for me and him.

Cosa is a loyal associate and a good friend of Mezzorante, our boss. It took him 7 years to get the title of "Capo Bastone" or underboss of the mafia. Everyone has an equal level of respect for him and even me since I'm his friend. But even he knows I wanna get out of this deal.

Hit after hit, our name is smeared in the blood of the guys we lynch'd. Apparently, Mezzorante never had that much friends outside the group. Whoever it is, we take care of it.

Back at the hideout.

"Did you guys take out Fat Bob?"

"Yeah, Tony put him to sleep with a .45 Pill."

"Lovely. He wasn't that much helpful in dealing with the Patroni della Città."

"Why let a butcher handle a drug trade?"

"Well I thought it was a good idea. You questioning the way I run?"

"No Gofather..."

"Then leave me. I will call you when I need assistance. By the way, good job Tony."

"Grazie Padrino"

"Ci vediamo allora"

Meanwhile in his office...

"Cosa, do you think the Patroni will kill me?"

"I don't know boss, but I think we can handle them."

"Cosa, never underestimate those pricks. You know what they did to us..."

"I'm aware, me and Tony are trying to get a lead on the info of their Don."

"Just promise me, don't get too paranoid."

"I'm just trying to be 'cautious'."

"And cautious means killing every associate we met?"

"Better safe then sorry, lets have a drink.."

"Alright."

Our clan is called the "La Liberazione" or The Liberation. Our group focuses on the safety of our hometown Firenze, Italy. The group was devoted in helping the citizens during and even before the Prohibition. Ironically it wasn't just alcohol, drugs, guns (even licensed ones), and even private businesses was restricted. Thus making an uprising in the group. Don Mezzorante was the 3rd Don to rule over the organization. His father, Don Fransizi was the 1st, then came his brother Caprio.

The difference between the 3 is thatthe others were assasinated by the rival faction, the "Patroni della Città" or "Patrons of the City". Don Fransizi took a .40 by the head over dinner during peace talks with the gang, while Caprio turned into pieces when his convoy drove over a landmine.

Mezzorante is extremely paranoid and pissed over the Patroni, but none of us know even the Don himself know the name of their Godfather.

The Patroni's are stationed all over Firenze, and some in Sicily. Their goal is to divide and conquer neighboring towns and cities. Since they're so large in numbers, other factions are afraid of them, including the police. But Mezzorante is a hard-ass and will do anything to kill the man who took the lives of his family members.

September 24, 1941

Wednesday

I heard knocking on the door...

"Hey Tony, ya in there?"

"Its me Cosa, Mezzorante got us a job to do."

"Alright, give me a few minutes. The door's open."

Tony Comes in.

"Tony, there's this man called Toro. They say that he's connected to the Patroni."

"What should we do 'bout it?"

"Boss said we gotta get dirty with him, by any means nessecary."

"Should we beat him up then put him to sleep?"

"I guess so. Bring the shovel if we need it."

"I set up a meeting near the Cappos Bistro, I'll be acting as an associate under the name Sal"

"What do I do?"

"You sit behind us and when I wink at him, you sack him."

"Alright, I'll get the Plymouth warmed up."

Boss wanted to know as much as possible about the group, meaning finding, interrogating and killing every person related to them. Even family members were not spared. I

can imagine what's goin' to happen next when we get there. Hopefully I won't get splattered on, I just donned on my tux.

At Cappos Bistro.....

Cosa sees Toro and goes to his table.

"You must be Toro. Am I right?"

"Yeah, you must be Sal. I heard you want in."

"Yep, family's goin' down to shit in debts. Gotta get cash fast"

"Well ya know this isn't a bank where you can withdraw from."

"You know the consequences if you break your Omerta."

"Looks like you broke yours I guess....*wink*"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"This."

Tony hits Toro on the neck with the end of his 1911. He eventaully falls down.

Suddenly a cop came by.

"What seems to be happenin' here?"

"Nothin' officer, our friend here had a few too many. Let us take him home."

"Hmmmm, alright get out of here."

"Thanks."

I wonder what kind of "treatment" will do onto ths poor..I mean very lucky sap. Mezzorante might do it himself, I dunno. Just another job as always.

**Will be Updated**