05 Vice

January 1, 2020
10:47 am

"Mayor." Secretary Delfin spoke on the other line.

"Manmanan mo si Senator Marcos. The man is also investigating..." Digong warned his defense secretary.

"Bakit niya naman gagawin 'yun?"

"I'm not sure. That's why I want you to keep an eye on him."

"Yes, Mayor."

"May updates na ba?"

"Batay sa mga ebidensyang nalikom namin, the bullet could only be bought from another country. We have checked the list of registered guns. Pero, this did not seem to be in the list."

"So it's illegally obtained?"

"Oo...looks like it has been smuggled."

"May lead na ba kayo sa taong nasa likod nito? Saan naman galing yung bala?"

"US made pero di pa namin alam king saan galing. We'll get back to you on that."

"Saan naman nagtago yung gun man?"

"Nasa loob siya ng Malacañang."

"What do you mean nasa loob?"

"Nandito kami ngayon sa malacañang. We've actually found the gun man already."

"Ano pa hinihintay niyo? Ask him!"

Digong demanded. Time was of the essence and there was no use in delaying the inquisition.

"We'd like to do that pero..."

"Pero?" He asked irritably.

"Patay na siya."

2:17 pm

"I will not allow that!"

Digong angrily pounded the wooden table with his fist, turning everyone's attention to him.

"Absolutely no!"

Tension was running high at the meeting hall. The National Security Council as been called in light of what happened to the Vice President. The vice presidency is only a heartbeat away from the presidency, and likewise a threat to the position is also a threat to the president itself.

As always, the Senate President, Speaker of the House, some member's of the cabinet whose concern lies in the nation's security and other members of the congress and senate were present. For most of them, attending the NSC was a first.

"Pero Mayor, we have to quickly put this issue to rest. Kailangan natin ng agarang solution." The new Speaker of the House Miro Quimbo tried to reason out.

"So? We get the solution by selecting another Vice President? Di ba dapat muna nating hanapin ang salarin? Di ba tayo masyadong atat niyan? Kakabaril lang nung tao..."

He felt disturbed that a former member of the Liberal Party would suggest something like that.

"It's in the constitution, Mr. President, na kung maging incapacitated ang bise he/she must be replaced. This is first and foremost the thing that must be done." Former president Fidel Ramos also spoke up.

He shot a deadly glare at a Fidel Ramos and tried to control his temper as he spoke once again.

"Kung ganun can you tell me what it is that the Vice President does na kailangang agad-agad siyang mapalitan? Tell me."

"The Vice President is next in line to the presidency if ever something happens to the president, the Vice President will-" Secretary Delfin states, but Digong cuts him off.