Chapter 8

AN: Apologies for the delay in update. As an adult writer, I hold a life of responsibilities outside of Wattpad including a full time job. Due to the recent upbringing of COVID-19, hours have skyrocketed and energy has been depleted. I slowly continue to work and think daily about my stories and will physically put them together in due time. 

I hope everyone is safe and secure during this pandemic and may it be all over soon!
-Willow Rosewood

Elizabeth didn't have time to think things through or sulk in her feelings. It was time she stood up to the position as leader and finished this once and for all. No more submitting to Peter's overprotectiveness, even if he is the king. This was still her army, her land, and her home. She didn't care if Caspian was the destined Son of Adam who was to save the Narnians. A Daughter of Eve still walked the lands, and she hasn't called an end to her prophecy yet.

     "I cannot explain how the Telmarines figured the plan of the invasion out, but the bells had already begun before King Edmund was able to signal our charge." Glenstorm had explained.

     Elizabeth had hunted her General down immediately after leaving the two idiotic boys. She had demanded the Centaur to explain the events of the previous night and tried to form a plan before Miraz's troops marched their way towards The How.

     "I assume Miraz used the invasion to turn the Telmarines against Caspian, marking him a traitor to the throne. He probably already took the crown." Elizabeth thought aloud in front of Glenstorm.

     "Should we call a meeting with High King Peter?" Glenstorm asked.

     "No, I'm tired of playing his second fiddle. This is our army, Glenstorm. We will think of something. At best, the invasion gave the Telmarines belief that we are now powerless. Let them come, and we'll be ready to give them twice the force on our homefront."

     Glenstorm had nodded to his Queen, proud to see the fire in her eyes ignite once again. He had not seen those eyes since the beginning of the resistance, such determination.

     A Fawn came scuttling into the room, coming to a halt in front of the two.

     "Your Highness, General... you need to come outside immediately."

     "What is it?" Elizabeth asked with concern, taking a step closer towards the frantic Fawn.

     "The Telmarines, they are here."

     One look back at Glenstorm and the two went flying after the Fawn. Reaching the front entrance of The How along with the other Narnians, Elizabeth squinted at the day's natural light. Once her vision had adjusted, she gasped. Indeed, the Telmarines had arrived with a calvary, an army, and a line of catapults. At the front led a man on a horse, his armor shining against the others in gold rather than silver.

Miraz...

     "Oh you've got to be joking." Elizabeth mumbled to herself.

     "The plan, Your Majesty?" Glenstorm asked, shifting on his hooves. A hand held firmly over his main sword as if ready to attack at any moment.

     Elizabeth looked back up to The How, catching the Pevensies and Caspian on a tier. She catches Peter's eyes on her, and turns back to look over her Narnians. They all stared at her, and she felt responsible for their worried gazes.

     Elizabeth stood a bit straighter, holding her head high. Better now than later, time for The How to serve its true purpose.

     "Blacksmiths, sharpen all weapons! Women and children, bring all supplies into the farthest room to prepare an infirmary! Anyone who can fight, follow me to the table, Immediately!"