Home at last.

Cynthia:

Waking up was difficult. The bright harsh light seemed to burn my sockets. I was agitated to say the least. the stench of disinfectant was evident and I  assumed that I was still stuck in the hospital. Blinking my eyes a few times to re-adjust to the light, I looked around. Shane was no where to be seen. I couldn't even smell him. I was alone. The harsh reality shook me. He was always here when I woke up. He wasnt now.

"SHANE" I screamed throwing the covers off of me and sitting up. My head spun as I sat up, the world going blurry. I lay back down, trying to wash away the bile that was rising in my throat as the dizziness continued. I tried to mind-link him but I couldn't even hear my wolf. Looking around the room some more I found a button. I pressed it and there was a beeping sound. A nurse rushed in, with a doctor right on her tale.

"Luna? is everything alright dear?" The nurse asked, concern in her voice.

"Uhm.. w...where's Shane?" I cursed myself for stuttering. I was supposed to be confident and strong. Set an example to my pack but I can't even do that right.

"Alpha is out at the moment Luna. Would you like to see Daisy and Tana? They are here at the moment." She replied flipping her brown locks out of her face.

"Uhm... sure. " I replied a little shell shocked that it wasnt Shane here holding my hand as I woke up.

The nurse hurried out the doctor tailing behind her. He looped his hand in hers and whispered into her ear as they went. She let out a little giggle. They were obviously mates. After about a minute I heard the door slam open and saw Tana running towards me.

"Cynthia" She screamed jumping onto the bed and wrapping her arms around me.

"Hey sweetie. " I hugged her back before looking up at daisy and giving her a warm smile. I let go of Tana as Daisy rushed towards me engulfing me in a hug.

"How does it feel to be back home ?" She asked. I let go of her.

"Home?" I asked.

"Yeah a doy. where did you think you was?"
" in hospital.... there's hospital equipment here Daisy..."
" I know. You have to have that hospital equipment here.  Its for your safety. You by no means have to stay in this room. It's just a precaution."
I looked at Daisy fear evident in my eyes. I don't want this in my house. The place where everything is supposed to be perfect. I don't want a constant reminder that I wasn't strong enough to protect my pack. To protect myself and Shane.

Daisy looked sympathetic. I didn't need that right now. Swinging my legs out of the bed I put my feet on the floor waiting for the dizziness to subside.  She slung her arm around my shoulder helping me to stand up.

"Thanks Daisy" I muttered. She smiled at me. Her smile never reached her eyes. I sighed. Everyone was treating me like a delicate flower. I get it. I have been through a lot but I'm still me.

"Cynthia... Cynthia are you okay? You zoned out." 

I looked back at Daisy. She was trying to get me to sit down on the couch.

"I'm fine." I muttered shaking her arms off of me. It was then I smelt Shane. Warmth flooded me as he scent got stronger. Before I knew what was happening I had started to run. Daisy's voice becoming fainter by the second. Then I saw him. Shane! I jumped on to him knocking him over.

"Princess. " he chuckled before placing a kiss on my pale cheek.

"Welcome home!"

***********************************************************

Sorry for short chapter I have not slept so. It is only gonna be a short chapter for today <3 Thank you all for the love and support I have been getting on my books it means a lot to me xx